• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Claims to Fame

I liked the Seahorses.
Me too. I saw them live at Wolves Civic (supported by Third Eye Blind). Top gig and I got right to the front for Love Is The Law when JS walked to the edge of the stage right above me to burst into the opening riff on his Gold Top Les Paul. Great stuff. Someone managed to start a beer fight between the balcony and the floor too before the gig started. Plastic pints flying everywhere!!

As for a claim to fame, I had my picture taken with Stephen Hendry at Derby Assembly Rooms back in my early teens.

I also played snooker in the Staffordshire County Championships when I was 10 years old. I was the youngest player to ever qualify.

Remembered one more.

Sat and shared a few beers with Noel Redding, Mitch Mitchell and Jimi Hendrix Senior at the Hendrix 50th birthday tour gig at De Montfort Uni when I was there. I had ticket number one which they all signed. It was brilliant.

One of the lads on my shift at work went to school with Gok Wan in Leicester. He says he was a right fat little bastard.

Kenny Hibbitt rented the house next door to ours for a while in the 70s.

I used to work at the Park Hall Hotel in the late 80s and Fish from Marillion stayed there on a tour date. One evening he hid from the fans in the small terrace bar I worked in. He drinks a lot of Whisky but is a very nice man and tipped me £50.

I stood next to Neil Tennant in WHSmiths buying my lunch in London - before he was in Pet Shop Boys. He was editor of Smash Hits then.

I was the only European woman to chase storms as part of the Vortex project with national severe storms lab in the USA.

I'm married to Paddy.

More fish - my brother sold his house in Buckinghamshire.

On Marillion - the rest of them went to my school. They had all left when I joined though.

Almost forgot, I got clotheslined by Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino's bodyguard in a club in Edinburgh because I called him a cunt (the situation, not the bodyguard). My finest hour.

Ahahahaha I planned to do the same when he came to Bristol but the bouncer heard my plan, so I was refused entry. Bastards.

After a practice rehearsal with my old band up town and walking past the Civic we bumped into Harry Hill, after a 10 minute conversation with him we asked him if he wanted to come our gig at the old Varsity! Sadly he declined as he had a gig at the civic the night we had our gig at the Varsity, but he did sign the guitarists guitar though!
Really a top bloke!

As for a claim to fame, I had my picture taken with Stephen Hendry at Derby Assembly Rooms back in my early teens.

I also played snooker in the Staffordshire County Championships when I was 10 years old. I was the youngest player to ever qualify.

Nice what's your top bash? I play West Mids

Yeah cheers Kenneth. Downloading now. I didn't even realise they existed.

Nice what's your top bash? I play West Mids

When I was 10 it was 72. I never beat it as I stopped playing so much due to school and other stuff (beer and girls!). I did knock in a 43 a couple of months ago in a local league game though after not playing snooker for 2 years.

NWW's snooker >>>>> my darts, by some distance.

And I can sort of play darts, to a reasonable standard. He's good.

Yeah cheers Kenneth. Downloading now.

Night Train is excellent.

EDIT - Tombraid is exactly the same song?!! Just a different word in the chorus. Bizarre.

When I was 10 it was 72. I never beat it as I stopped playing so much due to school and other stuff (beer and girls!). I did knock in a 43 a couple of months ago in a local league game though after not playing snooker for 2 years.

Very good! Mine is 62, hit a couple of high 40s in league games recently and did get a 50 only to see a worldly shot round the angles pop straight in the middle. Fucka

Have to have a TWF snooker day!

Not to be a bleeding American over here, but what in the world is snooker?

Back