• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Claims to Fame

Ah yeah, we also supported Chris Helme (Ex Seahorses frontman) at the Varsity a few years ago. I had to leave after our set to pick up the missus from a work trip, but the other guys got on stage to play percussion on his last track. He was a really top bloke. Very down to earth.

Met a few reasonably famous people, the boy Williams (cunt) Mark Owen (lovely) Minogue, D (you would)

Saw a space shuttle go up from Coco Beach . Astonishing.

I've poured gravy on Michael Eavis...

Met a fair few F1 drivers and sat on the same table as Patrick Head and Sir Frank Williams during work experience with Williams.

I once saved Penk from plummeting to his death down a flight of stairs, problem was my reaction time was so slow I only ended up making a grab at his genitals, or so I lead him to believe :)

ps. Mrs Penk is a very lucky lady !!

Owe, I remember it well.

A member of my close family was on the front page of pretty much every paper in the world for a while.

Not sure this counts as such, but I did see Ryan Giggs play for England.

England v Germany? School boy international? Me too.

You know, I didn't think you were as old as me. Adie Mike up front.

I'm not sure whether you should take that as a compliment or a diss, so take it as you wish.

I once had the great honour of meeting David Wagstaffe, Phil Parkes, and the late, great Frank Munro.

Almost forgot, I got clotheslined by Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino's bodyguard in a club in Edinburgh because I called him a cunt (the situation, not the bodyguard). My finest hour.

I guess I know a few young footballers, one who played up front for my sunday team has just signed a professional deal with Sheffield Wednesday (and was linked with a few Prem clubs), he made his professional debut at 16 in the league cup too the season before the one just gone against Bradford.
r
I've played centre midfield with Sam Merson, Paul Merson's son all season. Good player, fantastic technique striking the ball and can jump as high as I've ever seen anyone jump! Went with him to his Dad's show which is why I met O'Hara and Example that time...

I like how you use the name Merson and getting 'high' in the same sentence :)

I got merked as the yoot of today say by Mark Kendall, Andy Mutch and Keith Downing. They offered me a lift to the bus station to catch my bus after they finished training on the NB car park. I was so starstruck I said yes and they said 'get in the boot then young un' I didnt say anything when they drove off, I was just chuffed I got offered a lift.

Named in the sports pages of The Times (with a pic for one of them) for two different sports in the same edition. Neither were to do with football but had a week at WWFC with Wayne Clarke, John Humphries et al and also a week at Villa from which I had a pair of Jimmy Rimmer's gloves away. Looking back through this thread is Martin Bradburn on here?

Lived two doors away from Joe Corrigan, City & England keeper, so obviously played a few dozen games with him on the croft in front of our houses.
Used to knock about with Norman Davies who was United's kit man for years.
My uncle (Rip) was a BBC TV producer who did Eamonn Andrews 'This Is Your Life'
His son, my cousin Paul K Jackson (Google him) discovered and produced a raft of stuff such as 'The Young Ones', Rik Mayall and loads more of that ilk...
My Mum once appeared on an old BBC prog called 'What's My Line?'
I once made a large wooden picture and sold it to John Ratzenberger (Cliff from 'Cheers') for £160. He was filming in Manchester.

Back