• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Comedians

Won't he be on the pitch for Chelsea? Injured again?
he's way ahead of you mate...
Following a sold out nationwide tour, Rhys James is right back where he belongs: on tour around the country, with a markedly different schedule to Chelsea's fixture list to prove he is not the footballer.

Just booked tickets to see Ivo Graham in May. £14 a ticket

Don't know that much about his stand up but he is great on the Quickly Kevin Podcasts when they do the Steve Bruce books. Seen him on a few panel shows and he seemed ok.....plus the venue is a 5 min walk from my house.
Just back from this. Probably back in my house before Ivo has finished his post gig bottle of water.

Very decent night. A good set, plenty of laughs only downside no Steve Bruce books.

goodness. Matt Forde has also been diagnosed with a tumour. All the best to him whilst he has his treatment.

Rhys James was really good. Laughed a heck of a lot. A really clever show.
Extra shout out for Steve bugeja who was the best support act I've seen for a while.

Extra bonus, spotted reg d hunter has announced a show there for next March. Definitely going to that!

Reactions: b3h
Went to see Andrew Schulz last night in Manchester.

Up there with the best stand up performance I've seen.

Romesh Ranganathan tonight.

Testing his material in a few small venues ahead of his big tour. 600 seat Beck theatre in Hayes.

Shout out again for Twickets, great for sold out resales and last minutes. Face value or less, no premiums allowed. Picked up 2 at face value, 10pm last night.

Looking forward to the intimacy of a small venue too.

Frank Skinner at the Lyric tonight.

The show was well received at the Edinburgh fringe apparently so fingers crossed will be good.

Mixed feelings though, I find myself always really wanting to like Frank, but there’s something about him that leaves me a bit cold.

Romesh Ranganathan was exceptional btw, lots of very good material for the new tour.

20240306_184238.jpg
About to see Michelle Wolf. Was brilliant this time last year...

Reg was great, as expected.
Warm up was Al porter. Our Irish posters will know him well. Very funny & great with the crowd. At the end he explained to us his last 5-6 years & how he's trying to rebuild himself. Have to say I wish him the best with that.

Well that buggers up numerous shows on Dave for them both.

Got tickets for Greg Davies for next year. £50 for the New Theatre in Oxford... a tad different to the £12 I paid about 10 years ago for a front row seat at the Glee Club! Suppose that shows how popular he is now.

There was a discussion on Richard Herrings twitter the other day about the cost of comedians shows. Greg Davies was repeatedly held up as an example of one of the most expensive.

I like Greg acting comedy, can't fully get on with his stand up.

Although his My Nan, Your Nan song for Prince Harry is top notch (although without checking I feel that may be more a Alex Horne/Horne Section creation)

Got tickets for Greg Davies for next year. £50 for the New Theatre in Oxford... a tad different to the £12 I paid about 10 years ago for a front row seat at the Glee Club! Suppose that shows how popular he is now.
50 quid doesn't seem that bad these days, will have to check if he's performing locally, he's one of the few comedians that both me and my missus like.

Last edited:
Back