• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Comedians

I once spent a lovely summer at my Aunties in Manchester and spent weekdays helping out my Uncle, driving to pubs around the Lancashire/Yorkshire/Derbyshire area. He worked as van driver who supplied all the Regals/Bensons/Mayfairs for all the vending machines in the pubs in those areas.
We visited a pub early one morning in Todmorden, near to Burnley.......My God.......the people actually looked like the people from League of Gentlemen. The Cleaners were cleaning blood from the floorboards in front of the bar, the owner was either hungover or psychotic and the scary looking Zombies who were shaking/queuing up outside for an early drink were far worse than anything in league of Gentlemen. A memorable Summer. I also visited a lot of the shithole pubs in and around Ewood Park and Barnsley (Oakwell?). To this day I am still afraid of women with big tattoos

I can relate to this.
When I worked near essington & surrounding villages, I used to get bizzarrely written letters which alternated between capitals & lower case, telling me they didn't like strangers living in their village!

Wierdo's.

One asked if I'd like to meet his wife & cousin. There was 1 woman stood there...

Billy Connolly is performing two nights at the Civic Hall next year. Tickets on sale Friday.

Managed to bag Billy Connolly tix!

Looking forward to Jerry Sadowitz in 2 weeks!

Also got two tickets for Billy Connolly. Second row as well!

I'm going to symphony hall. Closer for post work.

Jerry sadowitz is getting closer...

Well done on the 2nd row SSB!

Debating whether to get tickets for Stewart Francis in June...

Debating whether to get tickets for Stewart Francis in June...

I'll be going. The man is class!

Dara O'Briain is touring next May. Tickets not on sale yet...

Dara tickets on sale tomorrow

My mate went to see Dara, said the audience was moaning couldn't understand what he is saying at times... Think I'm going to get my Jimmy Carr and Stewart Francis ticket's next pay day!

I'm looking forward to Milton Jones in a couple of weeks tho, haven't had a good laugh for a bit!

I've always enjoyed Jimmy Carr on TV shows so I watched one of his specials the other day. Not that funny. :(

I've always enjoyed Jimmy Carr on TV shows so I watched one of his specials the other day. Not that funny. :(

I saw him live in September. He had me in stitches! The hecklers were on good form as well which made it quality.

It could very well be that the particular special I watched wasn't very good. I'd be willing to watch another, but I just wasn't impressed with what I saw. Much funnier in a group where he can play off the situation.

Jimmy Carr is great live. Seen him the past three times he's played the Civic. Like above I need payday before I start buying more tickets.

There's a presale tomorrow if your on the Civic mailing list you will have the link.

Going to check now. I got a email about Dara so I must be on it. Cheers for heads up mate.

Did anyone see Micky Flanagan on the Graham Norton show on Friday?

He told a great one whilst sat next to Kelly Rowland about how Americans call an arse an ass and how cockneys call a house an awss. It got him into trouble when he walked a girl home and he asked if he could come in her a..

Back