• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cycling Thread

Knowing Oprah Winfrey and American audiences i would imagine everyone will be in floods of tears at the end and it will have been everybody's fault but his.

He is still going to have to pay back fortunes if he admits it. He sued the Sunday Times for about £500k, and won a suit in the states worth about $7m where his accusers stated he was doping. If he admits it now, that is a lot of cash he is going to need to find. Part of me hopes he does admit it and the sport can move on, but I can't see it (especially as the US suit will be statute limited and if he waits long enough, the other party won't be able to claim it back)

He is still going to have to pay back fortunes if he admits it. He sued the Sunday Times for about £500k, and won a suit in the states worth about $7m where his accusers stated he was doping. If he admits it now, that is a lot of cash he is going to need to find. Part of me hopes he does admit it and the sport can move on, but I can't see it (especially as the US suit will be statute limited and if he waits long enough, the other party won't be able to claim it back)

David Walsh and The Sunday Times are already making plans to sue him, plus some of the sponsers will no doubt put the boot in. He wants to compete in Triathlons but if he admits doping he will probably get a ban for 2 years or so and he is 41 now. Cant see it myself and cant see Oprah putting any hard hitting questions to him.

Unless she surprises him and wheels out Walsh, Paul Kimmage and the french guy (who I cant remember his name) to throw a few bombs at him, then it would be interesting.

it'd be appropriate if the knobhead started the interview holding a loadsamoney wad of cash whilst dancing a jig to Sympathy for the devil.

another desperate attempt to remain in some way "relevant".

Details of the 2014 Tour de France stages in the UK announced today. The third stage starts in Cambridge. I'm not a huge fan of cycling as a spectator sport but like 99% of the population of this city, I am a cyclist. Really looking forward to seeing this.

So Lance "admits" it, but he doesn't consider it cheating as he was "making a level playing field with other dopers".

Fuck off Lance.

He should be up in front of a judge, not being paid to talk to Oprah

Needs to raise cash to pay off the $$ he now owes.

At least he has had the balls to come out and admit rather than pedal (see what I did there) the lies out for ever more.

Needs to raise cash to pay off the $$ he now owes.

At least he has had the balls to come out and admit rather than pedal (see what I did there) the lies out for ever more.

Yes it was wheely funny

He should be up in front of a judge, not being paid to talk to Oprah

Hasnt he managed to get off the hook on some of the things as 7 years has passed (Nov 2005) since he was up in court swearing he had never taken drugs?

So Lance "admits" it, but he doesn't consider it cheating as he was "making a level playing field with other dopers".

Fuck off Lance.

Thats why he hounded a French cyclist who was vermantly anti-drugs out of the sport then in 1999

That was the bloke who was going to blow the whistle and then went on a break in a TDF stage, which Armstrong immediately chased down, and he had a word in his ear to the tune of "I will break you" wasn't it? This wanker isn't contrite at all. I don't think the sporting world will accept this at all.

Back