• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 3rd Rnd Replay] Wolves 3-2 (AET) Brentford: Verdict Thread

why is this the hardest goddamn match to find any media on
There weren’t even any replays for the radio commentators to watch. We may have to survive with phone footage and FotMob.

Highlights? You haven't missed much. A five goal thriller this was not. We were the better team but both sides were flat. We probably deserved to win but Brentford had enough chances too.

Playing Doherty over H Bueno wasn't the right call, if Doc has to play then it is on the right - I hope it was because they are looking after Beuno for the league game.

The rest of the defence was fine, until it wasn't for the goals. Santi looks like he has got to grips with the game over here. An unfussy defender and he didn't look like a mistake waiting to happen. Kilman had a decent game too.

Up front we were OK but guilty of overplaying at times. Doyle did well, Brentford put him under no pressure though. He is calm on the ball and we know he has a decent pass on him. I hope we keep him.

Joe Hodge is a nothing footballer. He will have a career somewhere but it won't be here. The club obviously see something in him but I don't. He is the sort of player who doesn't stir up any emotion at all...he is just there.

Definitely a game to forget.

How are there no highlights posted for this anywhere yet?!

Absolutely ridiculous situation.
Very strange.

I can only think there may have been a problem with the feed itself.

They were showing replays on the video walls, so coverage exists. Somewhere!

Don't think there is much for the Blues game as well. FA Cup cameras got stuck on the M6...

The FA Cup account on Twitter shows the goals, when not a 3pm kick off, not long after they have happened and last night they were doing that just for the Eastleigh, Bolton and Bristol City games

How are there no highlights posted for this anywhere yet?!

Absolutely ridiculous situation.

Honestly thought they'd be up this morning, it might just have been delayed last night due to ET but nothing..

Looking at the FA Cup channel on YouTube the Blues replay has also been completely omitted too.

Edit: Ninja'd by Kenny.

Glad it wasn't just me finding it hard to find highlights that weren't just some random mug playing FIFA.

They were showing replays on the video walls, so coverage exists. Somewhere!
The Twitter comms on our game were complaining about how shit VAR was for them last night. No replays of anything, no audio....made them miss the PL VAR

It baffled me (well actually it didn’t) that some people on Facebook were watching a stream of the initial game at Brentford on New Zealand Sky Sports believing it was live footage of the replay.

The Twitter comms on our game were complaining about how shit VAR was for them last night. No replays of anything, no audio....made them miss the PL VAR
Yeah it seems none of the media teams had any video feed last night. I hadn't considered that that might be why we have no highlights today!

Apparently the match was meant to be broadcast on ESPN+, but there was "an issue with the feed" according to people on reddit who complained to ESPN's customer service about it being listed but not available.

Presumably the same reason there are no highlights, as the teams that put together those clips will almost certainly do it live during the game. Probably only get any kind of highlights later today once they've been able to watch through the recording made locally (assuming there even was a copy saved locally).

I know we've come a long way over recent years, but this quote from Cunha is hilarious.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240117_094820_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240117_094820_Instagram.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 24
Back