• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 4th Rnd] West Brom 0-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

If Albion don’t have the BOGOF and restrict it to proper buying history then Wolves fans aren’t getting in home ends.

I have gone in the home end for plenty of aways but certainly not at the Hawthorns. Colours would surely be a no no unless they have some really dopey gate staff. Surely a fan trying to get into the Halfords in Wolves colours would have got lamped in the queue to get in? I really doubt that story.

I can definitely imagine someone getting over excited and giving the game away. I have seen it at Molineux with Liverpool and Man United.

Tougher one to action. They go steaming in and we get a repeat at what happened at the other end. With how stadiums are set up now and the cameras looking at everyone they will know the people who threw them and should get a visit soon or at the very least a communication from the club saying they are not welcome anymore
I believe policing starts at the source. Allowing people to carry on illegal action durng the game and doing nothing incites more to do the same thing. Sure, they can retrospectively take action and probably will, but effectively, this is poor management of a volatile situation.

Which ever way you want to colour it in, whether poor ticket allocation or just fucking idiots looking for a fight there is no justification for the shit that happened after Cunha scored. Whether it was our fans or their fans having a game suspended for nearly 40 mins is a disgrace.

Also Rangers/Celtic is so on the edge at the moment I believe no away fans are allowed in these games
Not quite true, Celtic decided to cut the allocation given, so Rangers followed suit, and no I believe it is only around 300 away fans.

Bear in mind that Celtic park holds approx 60,000 i think, whereas Ibrox is 45,000, because its main stand is a listed building they can't develop it

Yes, they would get more favourable treatment because their is a 0.1% of shit kicking off.

They didn't restrict our tickets. They gave us exactly what we were entitled to have. Not on the WMP this one. All down to how the tickets were sold
And the tickets were sold to Wolves fans in this way because they weren't allowed in the away end because of a ticket restriction imposed by WMP.

Not quite true, Celtic decided to cut the allocation given, so Rangers followed suit, and no I believe it is only around 300 away fans.

Bear in mind that Celtic park holds approx 60,000 i think, whereas Ibrox is 45,000, because its main stand is a listed building they can't develop it
Certainly no away fans at Ibrox earlier this season.

Yes, they would get more favourable treatment because their is a 0.1% of shit kicking off.

They didn't restrict our tickets. They gave us exactly what we were entitled to have. Not on the WMP this one. All down to how the tickets were sold
Yep, Albion at fault, no way that Wolves do the ST+1 thing.

And the tickets were sold to Wolves fans in this way because they weren't allowed in the away end because of a ticket restriction imposed by WMP.
In your mythical world how would you have ensured the Wolves fans who went in the home end would have got one of the extra tickets?

Celtic main stand is also listed out of interest. They built the other three bigger

It's very kind of all these Albion wannabe film producers to capture the many different angles of this wonderful moment.

"Well in" - no sir, it most definitely was not.

There were no carnage, that shit at the bottom of the away end was a scene from Benny Hill, a couple of fat people giving it large and 50 kids pretending to try and rush the police. It really wasn't carnage at all.

It all stemmed from that single Wolves fan in the corner of the Halfords Lane stand. Who incidentally received a boot to the back of the neck by the same Jimmy Savile who was later to make a special appearance on the pitch not long later. I wonder if it was a female relation of his who also decided they wanted a kickabout?

The Wolves fans are zero to blame. Outside the ground the Police had Middlemore Road pretty much sealed off from home fans. No bother at all. Getting into and inside the ground there was a mix of Wolves and Albion stewards and everything was pretty casual. I was surprised the searches to get in were pretty lenient. Inside the ground fans seemed more interested stickering the place rather than smash it up.

Away fans sitting in the home end isn’t a new thing. It’s the celebrating part which is likely to get you into the aforementioned bother.

Also SSB the fact 20/30 ran from the opposite stand to get to the trouble they knew nothing about in my mind the Albion lot were going to cause trouble anyway.

There were no carnage, that shit at the bottom of the away end was a scene from Benny Hill, a couple of fat people giving it large and 50 kids pretending to try and rush the police. It really wasn't carnage at all.
I don't think carnage is being used in a critical sense here to be honest, and I totally agree with you.

Back