• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 4th Rnd] West Brom 0-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Opening 15 mins Albion started well and if they had scored then it would have been a difficult afternoon. As it happened, we took control and started to get more possession. Thought Matt was instrumental with this as he made some good runs and his experience told. We were patient and bided our time to break and Pedro did so to devastating effect.

Second half was all about inviting them on and then trying to break through. Usual tactics. And, they paid dividends. Thought Cunha's first touch was heavy and the keeper should have come to collect but he stayed put and Cunha slotted it home through his legs.

Not going to comment on the trouble. Serves no purpose.

We were the better team playing controlled football. We won. All that matters.

Albion fan on the radio saying it was just 1 Wolves fan who jumped up in their end that kicked it all off. My Albion mate saying that idiot Wolves fans in their end to blame but I said to him that they had been chucking water bottles at Doyle before all that and of course idiots were running from the other side to join in.

Anyway, great to beat them, at theirs with a clean sheet and hopefully get Maidstone at home next round.

Great goals by Neto and Cunha to get the win, was worried the lengthy stoppage might help those jammy twats, imagine them getting a couple back in that final 12 minutes. Job done, good result

Score and result better than the performance. They were using their fullbacks well and their high line meant we were on the back foot. A few free headers in the box early on, if they'd gone it could have been very different.

Not having a presence at number 9 hurt us tactically today. However, like the big clubs do in the PL, just having better players is sometimes all you need to win games.

As for the trouble, idiotic by Albion to allow STH to buy for friend or family etc
1 ticket per supporter number no more
The wolves fans thinking it was a good idea going in the home end, what fucking planet do you exist in?
Finally Albion fans reacting like that.
Today is the absolute reason the fixture is nothing but a nightmare.

Pretty straightforward better team won type of game. The atmosphere of the pitch more heated than on it. Albion are a bang average championship team and played to their level. We did too. 2-0 was a reasonable reflection of the game.

The performance might not be remembered, the result will. Other than another cup draw,.I don't think we will be playing them again.

Cunha not as effective as when he plays more centrally. JRB I am just not convinced. The Wolvesforum bogeyman Kilman and Doc played well. Doyle, apart from an iffy few minutes, has bargain of the summer transfer window written all over him.

Our PE teacher seems to be doing a decent job....

Have we seen any pics of Wolves fans in the away end?

Certainly didn't seem to be that which caused it near the away end.

Good win, marred by violence - probably the worst I've seen at a game.

Not sure you can justify knocking someone’s lights out on just that proviso. Said you’re an idiot for going in the home end but just as big an idiot for your default reaction being to throw punches.
Sorry, I don't agree. You do that you get what's coming to you. For clarity, that's not me, but they are pretty much the rules, someone will

Sorry, I don't agree. You do that you get what's coming to you. For clarity, that's not me, but they are pretty much the rules.
Just highlights the cultural problem that football has that violence is just acceptable in certain cases. 1 punch in the wrong place can kill someone so I’m never going to agree it’s ok.

Kilman MOTM for me. Doc a close second. Who’d have thought?

First thing Laura Woods says when it goes to the Liverpool game is “we can’t do our planned build up because of the unsavoury scenes”. Guess we have to look forward to days of hearing about how shit our fans are from all media outlets now, because of a few dickheads. Fully expecting a fine for the club, too, despite it seemingly being entirely on Albion.

Perfect result. Get out of there in one piece and let’s see who we get in the next round. Maidenhead, I hope!
Maidstone not Maidenhead - Get big George back for a welcome to Molineux again.

Match itself shows the division in class to the Premier from even near to the top of the Championship, just that little bit extra quality when needed and we didn't play that well and suffer from a having no proper C/F though with people like Neto & Cunha around there will be chances taken.

A number played decently - Docherty better that I thought he was capable of & Sa didn't really have a difficult save to make at any point. Get there, win & get out asap is the right way to do it.

The late on disturbance was dissapointing, but predictable and will rebound back on us even if it was mainly them - I doubt either set of supporters is completely blameless.

Just highlights the cultural problem that football has that violence is just acceptable in certain cases. 1 punch in the wrong place can kill someone so I’m never going to agree it’s ok.
I think there's a difference between ok and reality. Expecting Wolves fans to celebrate a goal in their end if that's what happened and not have repercussions is unrealistic. If the reverse were true the same would have happened

Maidstone not Maidenhead - Get big George back for a welcome to Molineux again.

Match itself shows the division in class to the Premier from even near to the top of the Championship, just that little bit extra quality when needed and we didn't play that well and suffer from a having no proper C/F though with people like Neto & Cunha around there will be chances taken.

A number played decently - Docherty better that I thought he was capable of & Sa didn't really have a difficult save to make at any point. Get there, win & get out asap is the right way to do it.

The late on disturbance was dissapointing, but predictable and will rebound back on us even if it was mainly them - I doubt either set of supporters is completely blameless.
That’s the one 😂🤦‍♂️

Back