• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Huddersfield (H) 03/10/15 Build Up Thread

In tougher games, particularly away, we're not going to be able to get away with only two midfielders, and it's in those games that Wallace will have a chance (provided he can supplant Edwards, of course, in Jackett's mind).

Is anyone having a cheeky early pre-match pint in town?

PM me your number mate and I'll give you a text if I get out early....

Will be in Wolvo by 11am and probably head to the Moon as I've got to drop my bag off at the Britannia

On my way down. Get into Wolvo about 10:30 anyone who fancies a beer then give me a shout.

Just Arrived at the Novotel (thanks for the recommendation Parkin), told my son James about being mascot an hour ago - he's grinning so much I'm worried the top of his head will fall off!

Hoping we'll stick with the same team that did well against Fulham.

I would seriously question Kenny's sanity (and managerial kudos & ability) if he does not play the same XI that beat Fulham. Surely, he wouldn't jeopardise the winning formula so as to 'shoe horn' Edwards into the team, would he?

I would seriously question Kenny's sanity (and managerial kudos & ability) if he does not play the same XI that beat Fulham. Surely, he wouldn't jeopardise the winning formula so as to 'shoe horn' Edwards into the team, would he?

He may have been slightly eccentric with his team selections this season but Kenny is not daft enough to not go with the team that beat Fulham. It will be interesting to see who gives way for Edwards on the bench though.

Darlo and I will be meeting Lycan in the moon around 11 if anyone wants to meet for a pre match beer?

Could be tempted....

He may have been slightly eccentric with his team selections this season but Kenny is not daft enough to not go with the team that beat Fulham. It will be interesting to see who gives way for Edwards on the bench though.

I hope you're right, Your Lordship. However, it wouldn't entirely surprise me to see a bit more 'tinkering'. Three points needed, today, make no bones about it. With another enforced 'international' break ahead, a win will 'cement' our recovery and give us the confidence to resume, in a positive light.

Conor coady just did the mascot presentation, not sure if that would mean he's not playing? Still in a suit an hour before the game?

http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/read-power-pleas-collection-2722763.aspx
Wolves fans are being asked to support the annual pre-match collection for local wheelchair charity POWER PLEAS at tomorrow’s game against Huddersfield.

Supporters are being asked to give what they can to help young people like three-year-old James Padfield, who visited the Compton Park training ground this week to show just what a difference his new trike can make.

James met Head Coach Kenny Jackett and skipper Danny Batth, as well as Wolves’ Vice-President Baroness Rachael Heyhoe-Flint, who helped start the collections, organised by Tettenhall Rotary Club, back in 1994.

Over the years the Rotary Club has raised over £48,000 for different charities from the collections, of which over £33,000 has been donated to POWER PLEAS.

As a result of this generosity from Wolves supporters, a total of 25 wheelchairs have been donated to local people, which amounts to a fifth of the total number of wheelchairs the charity has financed.

In addition to providing wheelchairs the charity recently provided 15 mobiity trikes to local youngsters, one of whom is James.

“James was diagnosed with 5q14.3 deletion syndrome just before he was one,” his Mum Sarah explains.

“This is a condition which is extremely rare, caused by partial deletion of his fifth chromosome, meaning the expectations for James’ future development were, and still are, unclear.

“It was not anticipated that James would walk – however, he is now pottering around, slightly unsteadily, but mobile none the less.

“He has yet to acquire any verbal communication skills, but is able to make his opinion known.”

James is part of an active family – Dad David is a keen cyclist – and his grandparents, who also came along to Compton Park, enjoy taking him out on the ‘Tomcat’ trike.

The trike offers James a level of independence and freedom that he has not experienced before and widens the opportunities he and his family have to enjoy outdoor pursuits together.

It also provides him with much needed exercise to keep his muscles active, promotes a great range of movement in his legs, and helps him develop new skills as he learns to turn the pedals himself.

“It was great to meet James and his family at the training ground and to see just what a difference the trike has made to him in helping him get around,” said captain Batth,

“I know the Wolves fans are always very generous in helping other people and hopefully they will give what they can at Saturday’s collection to help improve the lives of other children like James.”

Keith Berry, Chairman of POWER PLEAS, added: “We have provided five trikes in the past year and the collection on Saturday will contribute to another one for a local child.

“We hope that the fans will once again support us as generously as they have done in the past.”

Back