• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

According to some rag (The Sun I think it was so take from that what you will) but Government ministers look to be vetoing the exceptions for sports people re quarantine after returning from abroad.

Would surely make it impossible to complete the Europa campaign

It would make next seasons European competitions impossible to enter.

If the Europa and Champions League is completed last week of August the new season won't be able to commence until the last week of September realistically.

Government would also completely kill the Formula 1 season with this. Over half of the teams are UK based before even taking two British GPs into account.

Well there is talk this morning that the quarantine rule won't apply if the Country you are coming back from has the Virus under control (Government appear to be making this quarantine shit up as they go along). Would say right now, pretty much every country we could visit has it under control bar Russia maybe (no clue if any Russian teams are left). So just the Sun or whoever trying to get a reaction.

Also, if in August the virus isn't under control it means we have gone back to how things were in March and early April across Europe which also mean no football, so not an issue.

Last edited:
This is the same government that gave an entire country an exemption before backpedalling, so yeah this won't be the final position at all.

Government would also completely kill the Formula 1 season with this. Over half of the teams are UK based before even taking two British GPs into account.

You could always watch a couple of kids doing scalextric on YouTube, would probably be more interesting...

Not a formula 1 fan then...

Okay, I'll keep enjoying it as much as I do and you don't have to I guess.

Just checking to see what is happening in the Europa League and I bump into a Formula 1 row :)

Was thinking that If the Greek league is done, Olympiacos will be badly undercooked when the second leg happens - teams whose leagues keep going will be in a far stronger position...

Man City's two-season European ban appeal to be heard next week by the Court of Arbitration for Sport

Govmt confirms quarantine - that pretty much buggers international sport I'd say. Not sure there's been a govmt in my lifetime that understood sport

Govmt confirms quarantine - that pretty much buggers international sport I'd say. Not sure there's been a govmt in my lifetime that understood sport

Sport is exempt. F1 teams have been told they can travel as normal.

Plus this will be binned in July anyway

There will be air bridges to any country with lower amount of cases. So everywhere on earth bar the States.

Manchester City told they will discover in July the outcome of their appeal against a 2-year European ban.

Probably doesn't matter to most of us where it is as no fans will be likely to be allowed in anyway (will make some difference to the team though)

Would like to see it finish wherever just to see how far we are capable of going. Not the way any of us wanted it to finish, but at least all sides still in will suffer the same problems.

Back