• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

We barely spent anything in the summer, £40m tops. I’m not including the loan purchases because they are considered by everyone but accountants to be the summer before. Same as Jota/Boly etc. The year before that.

People tend to lump loan purchases as both windows, you can’t claim two successes for the same player.

We either did well last year and poor this summer or average in both windows depending on which window You put Donk and Raul In. They can’t go in both.

Loan bring made permanent are when you pay for them - Raul was this summer, the sale of Costa will be next summer. You can’t count them in a different window than the one you pay for them in.

If they were with the team the prior season then they aren't new signings squad wise.

Vallejo, Neto, Cutrone and Jordao are the only first team players we signed last Summer. One can't get in the squad, one can't be trusted to come off the bench, one has proved a decent sub in the last week or so, the other is being sent back next week. It was a poor window

I'm sorry but that's balls. It was a poor window if we exclude Raul and Dendoncker? Okaaay

How is Neto not trusted as a sub, I wonder?

Happy New Transfer Window one and all... Have we signed anyone yet? ;)

If they were with the team the prior season then they aren't new signings squad wise.

Vallejo, Neto, Cutrone and Jordao are the only first team players we signed last Summer. One can't get in the squad, one can't be trusted to come off the bench, one has proved a decent sub in the last week or so, the other is being sent back next week. It was a poor window

Like I said. People bend the argument to suit.

I can’t see how it can be seen as anything but a poor window.

A poor window that hasnt cost us really. Thankfully we would rather sign no one than anyone to keep social media fans happy.

Jesus hasnt worked out. Can see why we took him but no thanks.

Neto and Cutrone clearly signed as long term projects. 1 is beginning to come good we will see on t'other.

Hard to say anything on Jordao. Played, looked good and got injured. Came back, looked good got crocked again. Returned to training last week I think.

We have been spoilt the last few years as we seem to break our transfer record each window.

Whether by luck or judgement ( I think Nuno has earned my view of judgement) the fans view of a poor window hasn't kicked us in the bollocks. Let's see what this month brings.

I think the argument is what could have been, rather than what we got.

Astonished at how much we're paying Patrick. Having seen that figure, I'm prepared to cut our losses if he wants to go back to Italy

People foamed at the mouth when anyone said Dendoncker was on loan last season, now they want to include him as a Summer 2019 addition.

I'm not sure how it's debatable. In terms of adding to the players who were already there it was a poor window based on 2019/20 need. That doesn't change even if Cutrone, Neto and Jordao go on to be club legends.

All we have really added since last season so far is Neto's contribution. It was a poor window and shows just how well we have done to advance in the EL and challenge for the top six.

The reason we had a ‘poor’ summer window is because we shipped out 50m on Dendoncker and Raul. That’s the downside to loans as you end up spending your budget just to stand still. I’m not expecting much this window, maybe 1 in and 1 out.

The reason we had a ‘poor’ summer window is because we shipped out 50m on Dendoncker and Raul. That’s the downside to loans as you end up spending your budget just to stand still. I’m not expecting much this window, maybe 1 in and 1 out.
We still spent £35m+a large loan fee. If Nuno doesn't get a couple of first team ready players, he's going to be pissed. Here are his pre Watford comments:

"I truly believe there is a lot of space to improve because the way we do things, we have a very small squad.

"The players involved are basically the same as we had last season so if we can improve our performance and at the same time, now that the transfer window is open, try to bring things the team clearly needs - different characteristics - there is a lot of space to improve."

Nuno was pissed in the summer and has been mentioning recruitment more than ever since.

We will sign players, no one is panicking. But let’s not pretend the summer was a good window

Astonished at how much we're paying Patrick. Having seen that figure, I'm prepared to cut our losses if he wants to go back to Italy

Has that figure been published or is it just hearsay and speculation ?

Have spent flipping ages teaching my 1 (now 2) year old the Patrick Cutrone song. It’ll be completely wasted if he does leave [emoji2959]

Back