• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

Hope it’s not the end for Cutrone. There’s a very good player in there, with a style suited to England too.

Agree, a lot to like about him. He's just unfortunate to be behind an exceptional forward, especially now we are playing 343 again.

Vallejo is no real loss - there might be a player in there, but he was going to take longer to get up to speed in the PL than the time we had given that he was only on loan.

Cutrone - from what I have seen of him I can't help but like him. He has passion & energy, just not sure that he quite fitted our system & was not going to oust Raul much anyway. If we have an incoming then as long as we can recoup the vast majority of what we paid then would not be unhappy to see him go & express himself elsewhere.

Not sad to see Jesus go. I dont trust any defender who doesnt know, or cant work out that a right footed player out on the left will cut inside more often than not. He's a liability imo.

And whilst everyone loves Cutrones passion, effort and commitment, no one ever won a golden boot for trying. Really hard. His problem isnt lack of opportunities stuck behind an in form striker, its lack of goals when the opportunities came. We arent paying the money he is getting ,which dwarves a lit of our squads, to put in a shift

If Cutrone is off temporarily or otherwise I hope we copper bottom sort his replacement first.

Won't be too upset to see Cutrone go, as exciting as his profile was he's not really shown that much other than effort. He's not that quick, his touch/link up play isn't great, and he's not shown himself to be particularly composed or clinical. His work rate and off the ball movement is excellent but he doesn't suit how we play, even when we're playing two up top

I like Cutrone and hope he stays, although the reports of him being on £60k+ a week is a lot to be bench warming.

3rd highest salary ahead of Neves, Jiminez and Traore. Thats an awful lot for a guy who tries hard

The Vallejo situation also shows the benefit of having loan with option to buy deals instead of just spunking loads on what turn out to be mediocre players. I'm looking at you here Everton, West Ham and Villa.

The Vallejo situation also shows the benefit of having loan with option to buy deals instead of just spunking loads on what turn out to be mediocre players. I'm looking at you here Everton, West Ham and Villa.

Spot on.

Case in point - Raul . . .

When he first came here (on loan) many of us were not sure but it was worth a try given it was a loan.

Now he’s fast becoming a legend of the club !

Tim Spiers update today

We're talking to RB Salzberg about Hwang
Campana is a more likely addition
Cutrone will only go if we get a replacement
CB not a priority due to how well Donck, Saiss & Kilman have done there

Julian Weigl has gone to Benfica for €20M. Overloaded in CM now, would love us to go and take Florentino Luis or Gedson Fernandes off their hands.

Gedson to Man Utd was going crazy the other day

Julian Weigl has gone to Benfica for €20M. Overloaded in CM now, would love us to go and take Florentino Luis or Gedson Fernandes off their hands.

Don't people in Portugal rate Luis as a better prospect than Fernandes?

No shock jesusu being sent back, he was awful. Kilman is vastly superior in every way, if he keeps improving at this rate he will overtake bennet soon. Needs to improve his passing and jumping.
I dont think cutrone is going anywhere unless we get a great replacement, id argue hes done better than adama in his first season, although he doesnt fit in our playstyle imo- hes not great in the air, not really good at holdup play, not strong or fast enough, doesnt really do any of the things that make raul great. Hed be great for a team like norwich if pukki got sold or injured

I reckon we only have the funds for one big signing this window - by my count we spent about £80m this summer.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we tried to get someone in to loan and make permanent in the summer but I’m not sure How many teams will go for that.

My guess is one signing like Kessie, a loan to buy squad player and a couple for the u23’s

Back