• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

It's all just guesswork though.

I'd bet a reasonable amount he's not on anything like that. Wages in Serie A outside of the mega stars aren't like the PL. I'd have thought we could have doubled his wages and he'd still be on £30k or less

It was posted on this thread, Paul. Third highest earner, behind Patricio and Mutinho?
We are giving Boly all of MGW's wages until he is fit.

Is it truth now it's on here?.

Cutrone will be on a fair wedge but what he earns is pretty irrelevant really.

Nuno was pissed in the summer and has been mentioning recruitment more than ever since.

We will sign players, no one is panicking. But let’s not pretend the summer was a good window

Agree with this. It was an atrocious window, not one position improved on from the previous season.

The figures bandied around are immaterial as you don't just get the cash out and pay for it there and then, it will be in instalments.

Agree with this. It was an atrocious window, not one position improved on from the previous season.

The figures bandied around are immaterial as you don't just get the cash out and pay for it there and then, it will be in instalments.
Apart from the lad from Benfica. That would have been 1 payment and we simply couldn't do that.

You cannot force players to come here. We have been wonderfully served with the recruitments of Neves Moutinho , Rui, Raul,Traore, Vinagre Boly, Jota, Jonny, and Nuno over the last three years and more success will attract higher calibre players.We are top half and in two cups so we are a more attractive proposition than the summer when we could have been viewed as one season wonders. We are proving this not to be the case and I am confident that high class players that can fit into our system will arrive and will arrive soon.

You cannot force players to come here. We have been wonderfully served with the recruitments of Neves Moutinho , Rui, Raul,Traore, Vinagre Boly, Jota, Jonny, and Nuno over the last three years and more success will attract higher calibre players.We are top half and in two cups so we are a more attractive proposition than the summer when we could have been viewed as one season wonders. We are proving this not to be the case and I am confident that high class players that can fit into our system will arrive and will arrive soon.

Cyber in sensible post shocker. [emoji6]

I agree with your sentiments and this is down to the recruiting team. They must have somebody in there with a sales element in them as they have to sell the club, vision and management team to the player, agent and probably the family.

I still think our recruitment team is Championship level and hadn't really improved at all.

I’m not including the loan purchases because they are considered by everyone but accountants to be the summer before. Same as Jota/Boly etc. The year before that.
Not at all saying that it was a good window, but the views of the accountants are kind of the only ones that matter here. That money was spent last summer, leaving less available for new signings.

I actually think that the biggest success of last summer was keeping last season’s squad intact, to be honest.

Not at all saying that it was a good window, but the views of the accountants are kind of the only ones that matter here. That money was spent last summer, leaving less available for new signings.

I actually think that the biggest success of last summer was keeping last season’s squad intact, to be honest.

If it's the accountants view then the cost of the transfer would be amortised over the life of the contract so even more to spend.

I agree with what you say generally, but FFP, accountants etc. is just another line fans trot out to explain lack of spending, when realistically now we’re in the PL it’s broadly irrelevant and even if it wasn’t fans have no idea anyway

I think we missed two big targets in the summer in Ruben Dias and Franck Kessie.

So the money was there. Hopefully January will be a lot more successful as we can offer post-Christmas European football and are clearly doing well in the League.

It was posted on this thread, Paul. Third highest earner, behind Patricio and Mutinho?

And it could be correct but I'd hate to think were condemning a player on what somebody mentions on a forum with no basis but hearsay.

I agree with your sentiments and this is down to the recruiting team. They must have somebody in there with a sales element in them as they have to sell the club, vision and management team to the player, agent and probably the family.

I still think our recruitment team is Championship level and hadn't really improved at all.

Think they can basically claim Dendoncker as a signing down to our recruitment team - struggling to think of others since we
came up that aren’t part of our links with other clubs/Mendes or Nuno (Traore).

Some of the people on our video scout team worry me - and Thelwell’s son is also one of them.

Some of the people on our video scout team worry me - and Thelwell’s son is also one of them.

That really should surprise me but it doesn't. It's the one thing our Chinese overlords need to fix.

Think they can basically claim Dendoncker as a signing down to our recruitment team - struggling to think of others since we
came up that aren’t part of our links with other clubs/Mendes or Nuno (Traore).

He’s at uni isn’t he? I kinda know him, he’s not long left school and had a rather poor band at one point.

He’s at uni isn’t he? I kinda know him, he’s not long left school and had a rather poor band at one point.

Yep, went to uni in Warrington IIRC.

Back