• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

Essentially, we see a player there but he isn't ours so best spending our time improvimng our own (or buying someone)

"Jesus is going, probably. He needs to play. It didn't work out. He needs to find a club becuse the talent is there. We do not have time so let's move forward. Some moments he performed well, some not so. Clearly it didn't work out."

I really like how Nuno phrased this, very respectful

I think we are being nice.

There is a player there but he is just isn't suited to the Prem. A few years down the line he will be a cracking CB in La Liga for someone

There is a player there but he is just isn't suited to the Prem. A few years down the line he will be a cracking CB in La Liga for someone

Admittedly I didn't see him for his previous clubs, but nothing from his time at Wolves suggests there's a player there, he was as poor as it gets.

Essentially, we see a player there but he isn't ours so best spending our time improving our own (or buying someone)

"Jesus is going, probably. He needs to play. It didn't work out. He needs to find a club becuse the talent is there. We do not have time so let's move forward. Some moments he performed well, some not so. Clearly it didn't work out."

I really like how Nuno phrased this, very respectful

No real point kicking him on the way out of the door - tried him, but didn't work.

Didn't cost much & we move on.

Admittedly I didn't see him for his previous clubs, but nothing from his time at Wolves suggests there's a player there, he was as poor as it gets.

He has the ability, fairly good on the ball when his head is switched on (Pass to Cutrone in the Europa League showed this) and he had a fairly solid game at Villa Park. All his issues came from him panicking for no reason whatsoever though. Guess his early errors played on his mind and then chuck in probably not settling in the UK, struggled to pick up the pace of the Prem League and it just went wrong. I've seen plenty worse than Jesus but compared to our current lot, we would have been better keeping Rodders or promoting Sanderson than signing him. He had a decent rep before coming to us and he will go off out on loan again and probably end up doing a decent job. Huge failure for us but thats how it goes sometimes.

Was it Eintracht Frankfurt he was at before us and was pretty decent for them?

It's not just respect for the player, it is also respect for his club, his agent, and other players/potential signings.

Prospective players/signings/agents will see this & know Nuno is honourable and respectful, and will therefore be willing to listen to him and work with him.

Nuno is looking at the bigger picture here. This kinda stuff cements how integral he is to how we move forward as a club.

He has the ability, fairly good on the ball when his head is switched on (Pass to Cutrone in the Europa League showed this) and he had a fairly solid game at Villa Park. All his issues came from him panicking for no reason whatsoever though. Guess his early errors played on his mind and then chuck in probably not settling in the UK, struggled to pick up the pace of the Prem League and it just went wrong. I've seen plenty worse than Jesus but compared to our current lot, we would have been better keeping Rodders or promoting Sanderson than signing him. He had a decent rep before coming to us and he will go off out on loan again and probably end up doing a decent job. Huge failure for us but thats how it goes sometimes.

Was it Eintracht Frankfurt he was at before us and was pretty decent for them?

Yep, Kovac raved about him while he was manager there

As Jinky alluded to, he has a couple of mates in their Academy and his mum apparently lives in London so he'd like to go there. I'm guessing that if Spurs, Arsenal and Chlesea aren't interested he probably will.

Back