• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Fernandes was born on the same island as Nuno...

As Jinky alluded to, he has a couple of mates in their Academy and his mum apparently lives in London so he'd like to go there. I'm guessing that if Spurs, Arsenal and Chlesea aren't interested he probably will.

I'm sure he'll know our Portuguese contingent too? Did Vinagre and Jota both play U21's with him?

I'm sure he'll know our Portuguese contingent too? Did Vinagre and Jota both play U21's with him?
He'll know them, these other lads came through the Benfica system with him though apparently. Anyway buy his mum a house in Tettenhall and job done

Pini Zahavi is his agent but obviously Benfica and Wolves are part of the Jorge Mendes network of clubs. Like I say, we'll see.

Quick Wikipedia tells me one player came through Benfica academy at West Ham. The other two were at Guimarães. I’d like to think our whole host of Portuguese speaking staff and players would trump that and better current pedigree. Location of parent and London generally being more attractive aids West Ham and they will pay him whatever he wants.

We don’t even know we’re interested so all a bit pointless anyway.

From a footballing/career POV any player who chooses WHU over Wolves at the moment needs medical attention

Honestly, I'm not sure why Wolves would be after Gedson. He's good, but he's not top-10 EPL good, imho. I'm heavily biased as I've never seen him do a great deal at Benfica except for a short spell he had under the previous coach.

He's definitely not worth what Benfica is asking for him.

Honestly, I'm not sure why Wolves would be after Gedson. He's good, but he's not top-10 EPL good, imho. I'm heavily biased as I've never seen him do a great deal at Benfica except for a short spell he had under the previous coach.

He's definitely not worth what Benfica is asking for him.
We'll have Florentino instead...

Looks like we are actively shopping Cutrone. According to Spiers he's not in the team today in case he gets injured even though a move isn't lined up.

Cutrone and Vallejo arrive in the summer. Both gone by January. Not exactly an A* for the recruitment team...

Not at all

Think tonight showed we need additions. The coaching staff and this squad are doing a fantastic job, we have to help them properly.

So we need a striker and a wide forward at the very least, almost certainly could do with a central midfielder too. Like I’ve said before I’m not expecting much if any movement in this window, it just doesn’t happen in January.

Back