• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

KJ Recount: Has KJ Lost all support

Kenny Jackett IN or OUT (closes 18/12)

• Total voters
Warburton won't leave Rangers. Great gig for him right now.

If we sack KJ I can see us putting Sellars or Edwards (Rob not Dave the attacking defensive midfielder) in charge until May.

Robbie Neilson or Derek McInnes would be good shouts.

Get the two scallies from Salford City in. Would have loved to see their reaction to Doherty's 'defending' vs Brentford.

Warburton won't leave Rangers. Great gig for him right now.

If we sack KJ I can see us putting Sellars or Edwards (Rob not Dave the attacking defensive midfielder) in charge until May.

I can't see the club putting either Sellars or Edwards in charge after the Conner debacle, it just wouldn't sit right with the fans and the board can ill afford a drop in good will at this time.

One of them will be the caretaker boss...then our crack team will go to work. It will be more like when we sacked Mick than Deano.

So, the already drifting aimless season will drift on.

If Ken is sacked I look forward to being surprised by the club. I also think it's a non starter anyway as Moxey won't bin him. So that's 2 things I need to be proved wrong on.

One of them will be the caretaker boss...then our crack team will go to work. It will be more like when we sacked Mick than Deano.

So, the already drifting aimless season will drift on.

If Ken is sacked I look forward to being surprised by the club. I also think it's a non starter anyway as Moxey won't bin him. So that's 2 things I need to be proved wrong on.

Unfortunately I think you're right. Moxey's (and Morgan's) timing on sacking/ hiring manager's is beyond awful.

It's cyclical with KJ, happened at Swansea and Millwall. I did put some analysis up on it earlier this season (my IT skillz aren't good enough to find it).

Last page of that thread is revealing, he lost the plot in season 3 at Swansea despite doing well the first two seasons then couldn't recover before being sacked in his fourth. If Morgan's still not sold up and Moxey is still here I can see KJ being with us another 12 months :(

It's cyclical with KJ, happened at Swansea and Millwall. I did put some analysis up on it earlier this season (my IT skillz aren't good enough to find it).

Millwall guy at work says the same thing - great first season, good second, lost the plot completely in the third.

I am sure there are many links we could put up, saying how good a manager he is. I have some good mates who support Millwall, who were very sad to see him leave.

Just a reminder to people - discussions on the manager are fine, but don't put childish hoax threads up please.

http://thetwounfortunates.com/what-next-for-kenny-jackett-and-millwall/

Taken from the article.

He’ll be almost as hard an act to follow.Two League 1 play-off finals, four consecutive seasons in the Championship, and an FA Cup semi-finalis more than most managers achieve in an entire career. Millwall certainly have rarely had it so good. It is now quite difficult to recall that, when Jackett was appointed as manageri n November 2007, the club was in serious danger of falling into the fourth tier. Some seven managers had come and gone in the preceding two years: the place was a mess. A 17th place finish in that season was no mean achievement, with a demoralised playing staff and a still naïve board. A slow start to the following campaign demonstrated the size of the task Jackett faced, but judicious signings and a focus on coaching improvement from pre-existing players led to a narrow defeat to a free-scoring Scunthorpe in the first of those play-off finals. The following season really was the making ofhis long tenure. Another slow start could have finished a man of lesser character; a less sanguine chairman might even have been tempted to call for a replacement.The Welshman’s persistence in backing and advising underperforming players and sheer hard work, though,engineered a surge up to 3rd place in the second half of the year, before a ruthless and utterly determined play-off campaign ended in promotion to the Championship.9th place in that debut season was a fine achievement with limited resources,but the job got progressively more difficultin each of the following seasons. Spells of brilliant football and a 13-game winning streak in late 2012 suggested that he was capable of taking the club higher still.A poor end to the season and the failure of a few of his recruits, however,seemingly led him to feel that he could do no more.

As I type, Jackett remains the bookies’ favourite to take over at Wolves and local media reports suggest that he has been interviewed for the job. At first glance, it seems like a `hand in glove’ appointment: a club in desperate need of stability and rebuilding from the bottom up; a manager with a track record of repairing and relaunching clubs fallen on hard times. I can’t imagine anyone better placed to oversee the renewal of the playing staff as they adjust to life in the third tier. But somehow I don’t see it happening. Jackett’s quiet, diligent manner requires time and support from his employers and from fans. A trigger-happy chairman and restless terraces are the opposite of the conditions in which he thrives. His tenure at Swansea was followed by a spell coaching at Manchester City, and I wouldn’t be surprised at a return to the training ground this time around either.Jackett’s reputation in the game is as one of its leading tutors, and healways looked more comfortable in his initialled tracksuit than in shirt and tie.

Back in SE16, meanwhile, the timing of Jackett’s decision appears increasingly appropriate. A truly woeful 2013 ended with a depleted and under-confident squad being dragged from the jaws of League 1 by other clubs’ efforts. A similar start to next season would have been difficult for supporters to tolerate, and a mid-season change in management would have been harder for the board to judge correctly. Jackett had been attempting to combine the traditional Millwall aggression with the progressive, liquid style of passing that is becoming the norm in the top two divisions of English football.However, the lack of a quality forward prompted a return to the old school, leaving both supporters and manager frustrated. It has been apparent for some time that the playing staff would need significant reorganization this summer –the subsequent departure of the enthusiastic ex-Oldham winger Chris Taylor has left another position to recruit for – and,with some additional funds available following an unexpected run to the FA Cup semi-final, a new man will have extra scope to implement his own ideas that would not necessarily have been available at any other time.

Just a reminder to people - discussions on the manager are fine, but don't put childish hoax threads up please.

Pavs about 65 isn't he... Very childish for such an old mon.

Pav and Mick look the same [where's that's spade]

Forgive me Pav...please :)

I'd be desperately happy for survival and changes being made whole scale within the takeover. I can't decide if he's going to get us relegated.

Back