• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 1 - 0 Wolves: Verdict

Not displeased with that as an opening game to be honest.

The changes weren't massive, which I think is actually a bit of a relief given our rush in to a back 4 last season and how that went. Especially without many signings.

Considering half of our first choice attackers are out and the second half performance, I'll take it. Could have had a point easy, and more if Traore had an end product.

Still don't really have much of a clue about how we'll look in 6 months time, but at least it's not all-or-nothing change too early.

The 2nd half was definitely an improvement on most of last season. If we had some quality in and around their area then we would have scored 2 or 3.

First half was awful once again but we still created the best chance of the half. It was one of several poor finishes from Adama.

Overall it was more enjoyable than most of the games I watched last season. If we can bring in the signings that we all know we need then we’ll be absolutely fine.

if you create a lot of chances yourself you will burn a lot too and get stick for it..i prefer a player who creates and maybe misses a lot than a player that hides or never pass their player and scores 1 from 1 chance

On shit performances - Maddison was fucking dreadul for them. Looks like he wanted to be anywhere but on the pitch for them
Sounds like he wanted to go to Arsenal, despite it appearing they never had that serious an interest for him as their main target is odegaard

We (still) need Adama to be more of a team player. I'm not too down on his profligacy, because many players wouldn't even be on the end of those chances, but ideally need more clinical players around him who can benefit when he gets the better of the opposition.

He also needs to learn to pick a teammate out with a simple ball instead of bollocking a Freddy Eastwood shin shatterer every game

He also needs to learn to pick a teammate out with a simple ball instead of bollocking a Freddy Eastwood shin shatterer every game
Yeah, was a few times I wish he'd released to Marcal on the overlap. Perhaps if it was RAN he might have trusted him more

While I understand the oft-repeated point about Adama creating things that others can't, etc, if he then spurns those chances with poor decision making/shit finishing then it's fair to question what he's actually adding in those games, because it's ultimately net zero.

It's not an all or nothing - you can have a player who won't beat his man 9/10 times but can get his head up, play someone on the overlap, make intelligent runs off the ball, etc - over the course of a season that player will probably add more to the team, all things being even (this also needs caveating by saying Adama does have games when he adds things).

He's old enough now, he should be better. It's discouraging that he keeps repeating the same mistakes. Anyway, this isn't the Adama thread (if that even still exists)

Sa didn't have enough to do to judge, IMO. Expect he'll be busier the next couple games.

In general big improvement 2nd half, better from Hoever but he's still a way behind Semedo. Marcal's final ball was generally poor as well.

Though Kilman was pretty poor first half, he seemed to give it away a lot. Again, decent 2nd though.

Solid from Neves, Mou should've had an assist...but if he can't make it through 90 it's worth asking the question if he should be starting. I'm assuming/hoping it's a holding pattern for the new CM to come in and take that spot.

Raul did seem a bit rusty at first but some nice link play 2nd half esp. with Trincao. Latter showed glimpses, also worked back quite a lot.

Yeah, was a few times I wish he'd released to Marcal on the overlap. Perhaps if it was RAN he might have trusted him more
And there’s the issue, he isn’t a team player. If Neto is playing we have a better player who links better, carries the ball and has pace (not convinced by Podence but he’s similar). Mainly we then get links between our midfield and attack instead of one man trying to do it all and pissing everybody else off.

Neto is a very head down player, he often misses the pass like that too. He's better than Adama regardless, but not sure Pedro is a link up player in that sense. Trincao and Podence more like that than the others. Think unfair to say Adama (or Neto) isn't a team player though, very selfless in their own ways.

We (still) need Adama to be more of a team player. I'm not too down on his profligacy, because many players wouldn't even be on the end of those chances, but ideally need more clinical players around him who can benefit when he gets the better of the opposition.

Totally agree you need to be in the right place to benefit, but that opportunity where Raul was open on his right and Trincao was open his left was either pure selfishness or a total lack of awareness, two simple passes and we score there !!

Driven down to the coast so only seen the 2 minute YouTube highlight clip and Radio5 so can't comment too much.

Adama's one on one got caught under his feet a bit. Nobody else in our team or most others gets there, but if you do and it's your USP you have to make it count.

Next time someone trys to say Coady is a natural centre half look at his defending for the goal, on his heals, doesn't sniff danger

Pat Murphy still hates us

Driven down to the coast so only seen the 2 minute YouTube highlight clip and Radio5 so can't comment too much.

Adama's one on one got caught under his feet a bit. Nobody else in our team or most others gets there, but if you do and it's your USP you have to make it count.

Next time someone trys to say Coady is a natural centre half look at his defending for the goal, on his heals, doesn't sniff danger

Pat Murphy still hates us
Listening to the same station Tony and thought we were being completely outplayed. Reading on here afterwards suggests something different was actually happening.

Listening to the same station Tony and thought we were being completely outplayed. Reading on here afterwards suggests something different was actually happening.
First half we just let them pass the ball around us, we struggled to get out of our own half. Second half played a lot higher and enjoyed more of the ball as a result

Back