• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 1 - 0 Wolves: Verdict

Next time someone trys to say Coady is a natural centre half look at his defending for the goal, on his heals, doesn't sniff danger

Pat Murphy still hates us
Yes but this is what gets me, yes he could have done better, but if Raul had scored it at the other end we'd be lamenting what excellent movement and shot it was, but because it's Vardy it has to be our fault it happened, I think sometimes you have to admit it was a well taken goal

Yes but this is what gets me, yes he could have done better, but if Raul had scored it at the other end we'd be lamenting what excellent movement and shot it was, but because it's Vardy it has to be our fault it happened, I think sometimes you have to admit it was a well taken goal
It can be both

The issue is Traore, Marcal and Moutinho really. That’s what caused the problem. More so the latter two becuase even though Traore gave it away needlessly you’ve then got to defend the ensuing situation better

I thought Hoever played Barnes really well, but given Barnes those chances Adama had, he scores 3.
Barnes doesn't get in either of those positions to have the chances though;

1st half: Barnes doesn't have the pace to get in beyond the back line like Adama did
2nd half: Barnes doesn't have the strength to bounce the centre half like Adama did.

So whilst i agree, Barnes probably scores at least one of those chances when it comes to the finish, there is no way that Barnes gets in either of those positions anyway, so it's moot. That doesn't make it any less frustrating though.

Can’t get it out my head. Dropped perfectly for the dipping volley and he side foots it onto Schmeichels arms. Didn’t back his technique but maybe that was for the best!

We (still) need Adama to be more of a team player. I'm not too down on his profligacy, because many players wouldn't even be on the end of those chances, but ideally need more clinical players around him who can benefit when he gets the better of the opposition.

He also needs to learn to pick a teammate out with a simple ball instead of bollocking a Freddy Eastwood shin shatterer every game
he did set up a few players today which of course couldnt finish..mgw in the second half was the best

he did set up a few players today which of course couldnt finish..mgw in the second half was the best
Wrong decision on that one though wasn't it. He needs to pass 5 seconds earlier across to Raul, instead he cut back and played in MGW who then had to try and beat 3 defenders and keeper with his shot.
Easy after the event to say I know but an earlier ball and our chances of scoring go up. Not me saying he was shit, just he got this call wrong

Last edited:
More important than any of this actual football stufff, why are we still in black socks?? Will someone please think of the poor children who have the full kit with gold socks, it's a disgrace Franksie, a disgrace.

Can’t get it out my head. Dropped perfectly for the dipping volley and he side foots it onto Schmeichels arms. Didn’t back his technique but maybe that was for the best!

He more than likely twats it over the bar doesn't he? Sadly.

Look out for Armstrong's finish against Everton, pretty much the same position as Adama was in, Armstrong pops it perfectly into the top corner.

Wrong decision on that one though wasn't it. He needs to pass 5 seconds earlier across to Raul, instead he cut back and palyed in MGW who then had to try and beat 3 defenders and keeper with his shot.
Easy after the event to say I know but an earlier ball and our chances of scoring go up. Not me saying he was shit, just he got this call wrong
ok, i need to see it again if i agree with you

More important than any of this actual football stufff, why are we still in black socks?? Will someone please think of the poor children who have the full kit with gold socks, it's a disgrace Franksie, a disgrace.
At this point the only reason I can think of is they are trolling you...

If Timmy can't explain/understand FFP then maybe finding out why our socks are different is the type of hard hitting journalism that suits him

When you see it again, you will see Raul unmarked screaming for the ball but there was a short window to play that ball across and he missed it
dont know why I can just see first half highlights but will get back to you

Wrong decision on that one though wasn't it. He needs to pass 5 seconds earlier across to Raul, instead he cut back and palyed in MGW who then had to try and beat 3 defenders and keeper with his shot.
Was Raul onside? He'd been sat on his arse complaining about a nothing challenge and I'm not sure if Adama felt he'd be offside if he passed to him?

We played alright today, in the main, worst player for us was Coady and Marçal should have absolutely nailed Pereria before he crossed for Vardy.

Even Bruno knows Adama wouldn't be here if he had the ability to score! In his interview on BBC sport. He's working with him to improve the end product...

Was Raul onside? He'd been sat on his arse complaining about a nothing challenge and I'm not sure if Adama felt he'd be offside if he passed to him?
I woud say so when the pass was on

Just watched highlights cause my daughter wanted toy story on at 76 minutes…. Golden chance for kilman with the header.

I’d love to know why we are so different from half to half. It can’t be just by chance? I get leicester getting that goal (great finish btw) changes how they maybe approach the 2nd half, but it’s still chalk and cheese.

add 1 or 2 centre halves, better attacking fullbacks and another option for a wide player and for me we win that game. Ironically we have them all in the squad (maybe just the 1 centre back if mosq isn’t ready).

not too disheartening, some definite positives there.

only worry being our next two games it’s highly possible we will be on 0 points after 3 games which could cause some people to panic

if somebody could pass me a vid of that situation i can check what i think

Back