• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 1 - 0 Wolves: Verdict

Fair, I couldn't tell, just wondered if it had played into Adama's mind so he tried to pick MGW out.
Possibly but I think it was more he didn't look up. Odd considering his previous link up play with Raul

I'm a decade removed from that but Norman Price just needs to die, annoying little shit
Must..............not................do............it.................must ....................refrain :ROFLMAO:

Not as bad as feared, second half was better than the first. Can anyone explain why that might be? I've never seen such a chalk and cheese all my life. Is it mentality, tactics, something to do with conditioning? It genuinely baffles me.

Thought there was some positive signs, the outside CB's seemed alot more assertive stepping up into midfield than under Nuno. I thought Trincao looked good aswell, looking forward to seeing him link up with Semedo. When Neto is back and Jiminez is back up to speed out out attack will be dangerous, especially with Traore and Podence to come off the bench. If we get upgrades in CB and midfield think we could have a good season.

Not as bad as feared, second half was better than the first. Can anyone explain why that might be? I've never seen such a chalk and cheese all my life. Is it mentality, tactics, something to do with conditioning? It genuinely baffles me.
First half it looked like we didn't start to press until they had it in midfield, that allowed them in behind us and created a huge gap between midfield and the forward line. 2nd half we pressed from the top and that sent Leicester backwards and allowed us to get on top

First half it looked like we didn't start to press until they had it in midfield, that allowed them in behind us and created a huge gap between midfield and the forward line. 2nd half we pressed from the top and that sent Leicester backwards and allowed us to get on top
We did the same against Vigo which didn't work so it must be done sort of plan.

Hopefully binned as it doesn't work.

We did the same against Vigo which didn't work so it must be done sort of plan.

Hopefully binned as it doesn't work.
they can keep doing it as long as they bin shoot like spanners plan

Do you think it was a deliberate tactic then? Seems such a weird one if so.

Do you think it was a deliberate tactic then? Seems such a weird one if so.
From reading Bruno's stuff, I think it was but what he wanted with it never happened. Plenty of times in the 1st half you could see him going nuts at players for their choice of pass or positioning. At one point, during an injury break, it looked like he was taking Kilman through a whole coaching session. I guess the plus point here is he could see we couldn't get it working so changed it, just a shame it didn't work.

Leicester looked really poor, we weren't much better in the first half but still Adama missed a an absolute sitter. Dominated the second as they sat in and missed host of chances that any non league side would put away. Don't get the Kilman love in, he's ok on the ball but he's absolutely glacial and one of the worst defenders I've ever seen defending high balls, if he starts regularly we are in trouble. Positive signs from the style of play though.

I think another striker is needed, Raul is not fully match fit yet, and also it took some bollocks to come back after a sickening injury like that. Another CB should also be on the shopping list, and put the fucking black socks in the bin.

Ok, he looks onside in that pic..Adama should have put it in first touch there for Raul..I will bow out
To be fair mate, Adamas most successful pass completion rate was to Schmeichel so there was no guaranteeing anything, even in that scenario :)

I nicked it off a post talking about the disadvantages of inverted wingers. Traore on the right and it’s a goal.

Back