• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 1 - 0 Wolves: Verdict

Did not see all the game, as we were doing the catering at my freemasons lodge.
I saw the first half and it was better than I thought it would be and gives me great hope that we may well be in the top 10.

The goal was Adama's fault one simple pass we were attacking, Adam fucked around and we are 1-0 down.

I listned to the second half and it sounded good

The goal was Adama's fault one simple pass we were attacking, Adam fucked around and we are 1-0 down.
Tad harsh. We had 2 players who could have ended that attack but neither of them went in strong enough. Odd for them as Marcal had spent the game before it kicking anything that moved and Mout is the master of the cynical foul, you can chuck in Coads for not being aware as the cross came in as well. Adama may have played a part but it not all on him

Tad harsh. We had 2 players who could have ended that attack but neither of them went in strong enough. Odd for them as Marcal had spent the game before it kicking anything that moved and Mout is the master of the cynical foul, you can chuck in Coads for not being aware as the cross came in as well. Adama may have played a part but it not all on him
If he made a simple 5 yard pass, we were attacking.
He does it constantly fucks around within 25 yards of our Goal.

How many times has this cost us

Most of us were. The racist cunt stood next to me was a few notches below top though. Next person I see/hear booing the knee is getting a fucking slap.
Nothing like that near me, most applauded. Did have a few plastic bottles thrown at us by Leicester fans which prompted the guy in front of me (paraphrasing a little) to scream

there are f*****g kids in here you f*****g c**ts, just f**k off you f*****g b******ds

I wanted to smile at the irony.

If he made a simple 5 yard pass, we were attacking.
He does it constantly fucks around within 25 yards of our Goal.

How many times has this cost us
but we had 3 chances to end it (4 if you count the first attempt to clear which went straight back to them). He made an error but we had enough opportunites to get out of it. If Mout or Marcal clatter the lad....we are probably blaming Mout or Marcal when they score from a free header that came from the free kick.

Nothing like that near me, most applauded. Did have a few plastic bottles thrown at us by Leicester fans which prompted the guy in front of me (paraphrasing a little) to scream

there are f*****g kids in here you f*****g c**ts, just f**k off you f*****g b******ds

I wanted to smile at the irony.
Not really any comparison is there really. A few swear words aren’t going to hurt anyone whether you think it’s appropriate or not but if a bottle hits someone it could cause some damage.

I dont see the reason booing the knee, why they do that? To come out as a twat or something?
If we really want to get into it, we can, but suffice to say that those people are quite sure that they aren't wrong to do so.

They are, of course, but people are very good at believing what they want to believe, even if the evidence that disproves their perspective is numerous and inarguable. We're all guilty of such things. Luckily, most of us here are not so guilty of it when it comes to race.

Well, the racist next to Lycan and I went so puce with anger at players taking the knee I thought he almost looked like gammon.

He was really bloody angry at an anti racism statement, and he left early!

Well, the racist next to Lycan and I went so puce with anger at players taking the knee I thought he almost looked like gammon.

Probably had a Belgian lager waiting for him at the Indian.

That man is a PhD in Bakuninite collectivism and knows full well when Marx is in the air.

I understand the frustration at Adama's end product, but as an opposition fan, he was the one player yesterday who was a constant threat for you guys going forward.

For as much improved as Wolves were in the second half, and as much as Wolves clearly deserved a point, he was by the far the most significant threat and the only way I thought a goal was going to come from. If he's not on the pitch yesterday, I don't see where a Wolves goal would have come from. Him just being on the pitch, leaves other players preoccupied and gives others a lot more space.

I can't recall, looking back, many chances Wolves created without him being involved.
Without his pace, I'm fairly certain we wouldn't have played so deep in the 2nd half either.

Interesting game of football, that. Still some questions left unanswered, but it's day one. Few observations:

The suicidally high line that many were expecting didn't happen, even in the 2nd half when we were chasing, it was high without being mental.

Maybe it's because I was actively looking at the press, but we did seem to turn the ball over a lot more, but often made a bad decision in transition. Second half was clearly better on and off the ball, with a lot more intensity to the play, and we did create some threatening situations. I'd be really interested to see how the PPDA changes between the 1st and 2nd halves (@YoungWolf ?). Appreciate a lot of that will be down to Leicester's mentality shifting, but we certainly helped force that with a more aggressive performance.
Only source I can find the PPDA for was 31.8 (!!!!) first half and 8.8 second half.

Only source I can find the PPDA for was 31.8 (!!!!) first half and 8.8 second half.
That backs up what we saw yesterday in that low unimpressive block we employed first half and high pressure second half.

I understand the frustration at Adama's end product, but as an opposition fan, he was the one player yesterday who was a constant threat for you guys going forward.

For as much improved as Wolves were in the second half, and as much as Wolves clearly deserved a point, he was by the far the most significant threat and the only way I thought a goal was going to come from. If he's not on the pitch yesterday, I don't see where a Wolves goal would have come from. Him just being on the pitch, leaves other players preoccupied and gives others a lot more space.

I can't recall, looking back, many chances Wolves created without him being involved.
Without his pace, I'm fairly certain we wouldn't have played so deep in the 2nd half either.
Trincao, Kilman (x2), Raul and Gibbs-White all had good chances too.

If we'd played with Neto instead of Adama yesterday I think we win and look a much better team in the process.

Trincao, Kilman (x2), Raul and Gibbs-White all had good chances too.

If we'd played with Neto instead of Adama yesterday I think we win and look a much better team in the process.

Well football is all about opinions.

Neto was unavailable though, so that wasn't a choice.
And is a bit like me saying, if we didn't have Evans/Fofana/Castagne/Bertrand/Justin out, we win that game more comfortably.

Unlike many opposition fans, I watch a lot of games not involving us, and am fully aware Neto is far more of a technical, but more importantly clinical, player than Adama.
Trincao though, was clearly the weaker of the two wingers yesterday, and I'm not convinced he would have looked better with Neto. Adama's physicality gave him and Jimenez more room.

Especially with how rusty Jimenez looked too, and Trincao still to adapt to English football, I think that raw pace and directness of Adama was vital yesterday.
Even the chances in the second half he wasn't involved directly with, they come about because Leicester were camped so deep, worried about Adama's pace, in the first competitive game of the season, when both sides looked knackered.

Back