• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Off you go.

Last edited:
Respectable result considering the circumstances, and then going down to ten men.

All over to the summer now and see whether we just decide to survive or push on.

Either way I'm on the piss in York so not currently going to worry about it.

Guardian MBM:

“Ten minutes to go in the 2023/24 Premier League season. Tissues at the ready at Anfield..”

No kidding.

Mitigating factors aside (and it's not a Lage style end where clearly we were in terminal failure under that manager), 4 points from our final 10 games is simply not acceptable.

Wasn't really anything in the game until the red card, which I think is fair enough (leaving aside VAR inconsistencies and big club bias, they are separate arguments) and then it was a procession because we're having to hang Bellegarde out to dry at RWB.

Santi Bueno absolutely bloody awful on both goals.

Sa made some decent saves.

Hwang and Cunha probably should each have scored but let's face it, we've been done for weeks.

A lot to do, we cannot keep having a situation where we can cobble together a starting XI and no more. We must defend better than we have done all season. We can't keep defaulting to 3 CHs all the time regardless of the situation.

Much like Captain Sensible, I'm glad it's all over.

I'm so glad we got to see Klopps wife, so many times. Still it could have only been better if they'd have scored in front of the Kop, this, the greatest team in sport, ever.

Some good individual performances and plenty of effort under difficult circumstances. We'd still have lost with eleven in the pitch, and lost by a lot more if not for José Sa.

More convinced than ever that VAR should be used on a coaches-challenge-basis only. Don’t like what the ref decides? You’ve 2 opportunities to take it to a room full of dweebs and monitors. Don’t ask the ref to look at it again in super slo mo, either back him or override him.

That was they are only ever used at the direct request of one of two people in the ground

Glad the season is over, to all intents and purposes it ended when Cunha went off injured. Huge summer ahead and if we don’t get most incomings right I fear a relegation battle looms.

Glad the season is over, to all intents and purposes it ended when Cunha went off injured. Huge summer ahead and if we don’t get most incomings right I fear a relegation battle looms.
Agreed, will probably lose one if not two of our best players, I can’t see us bringing in top quality, I’ll be expecting it to be tough next season.

Clearly in the last 10 games we fell off a cliff to be honest and nothing we did worked.

Some of that has to lay on Gary but most must lay at the hands of the owners who sold us down the river with huge signings that were way beyond us in past seasons and ultimately bit us on the arse when we needed squad depth and quality.

Not much to say about today as the facts speak for themselves and to both teams a nothing game in terms of outcome.

Moving forward we have a lot of work to do, firstly by getting a) Neto match fit b) getting RAN and Hwang match fit (who have not been right since they came back) and more importantly recruiting some leaders at the back….and a fickin striker!!!!

Have a great summer everyone ✊🏼🧡🖤🐺🐺🐺

I'd be surprised if we aren't bottom 6 next season. We aren't very good. But football is not enjoyable anyway, so I'm at the point of not giving a fuck what happens, I'm not likely to be watching much of it.

GON:

To come out and fight from 2-0 down with 10-men is commendable, really proud of the boys

Disappointed with the red card - ref had a really good view, he's fractionally late, yellow is fine

VAR doesn't even pause it right - there's no way VAR need to get involved

This season has been totally unacceptable from officiating this season

I'll be accused of moaning, I'm not

But for the whole league, not just Wolves - way below the standard it should be

Semedo red looks appealable, VAR have tried their best for him not to be here next season

Nelson is massive to us, desperate for him to stay and hopefully the club can get something done

If we want to be serious as a club, we need to keep our best players

On Che Adams: Still under contract at Southampton, they've still got a massive game to play, we know he's out of contract and we know he's a number 9

Whoever doesn't want to be with us next season, no problem, we get the best price

It should mean something to play for Wolves, people will say we should have kept certain players

Would it have helped? No it wouldn't have helped, we're much better off without them

GON:

To come out and fight from 2-0 down with 10-men is commendable, really proud of the boys

Disappointed with the red card - ref had a really good view, he's fractionally late, yellow is fine

VAR doesn't even pause it right - there's no way VAR need to get involved

This season has been totally unacceptable from officiating this season

I'll be accused of moaning, I'm not

But for the whole league, not just Wolves - way below the standard it should be

Semedo red looks appealable, VAR have tried their best for him not to be here next season

Nelson is massive to us, desperate for him to stay and hopefully the club can get something done

If we want to be serious as a club, we need to keep our best players

On Che Adams: Still under contract at Southampton, they've still got a massive game to play, we know he's out of contract and we know he's a number 9

Whoever doesn't want to be with us next season, no problem, we get the best price

It should mean something to play for Wolves, people will say we should have kept certain players

Would it have helped? No it wouldn't have helped, we're much better off without them
Clearly laying the foundations for any player leaving is because they want out. At a guess Neto and RAN and hard to blame them if there’s any truth in the rumours of players coming in.

Neto definitely wants to go, I just don't think anyone will pay a proper price for him.

Not that it necessarily stops us selling players even if that is the case.

He's going hard on wanting Semedo to stay.

Clearly laying the foundations for any player leaving is because they want out. At a guess Neto and RAN and hard to blame them if there’s any truth in the rumours of players coming in.
Think it’s a dig at Fabio. Saying “should have kept certain players”. There’s no one else it could be other than Sasa. Podence/Guedes but they weren’t here when he joined?

Think it’s a dig at Fabio. Saying “should have kept certain players”. There’s no one else it could be other than Sasa. Podence/Guedes but they weren’t here when he joined?
Podence was, he didn't actually leave until the UK transfer window had closed. Offered him a way back and didn't want to know.

Think Guedes was too as we actually gave the Playstation Faced cunt a squad number.

Back