• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man United Build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that in the E&S. Not quite sure how you manage that without jumping lights.

Not sure on my ETA. Probably finishing work early and then need to rest this bastard injury for a bit before heading to the pub.

Nothing quite like going to Redcafe to psyche you up.

Hope we stuff the arrogant sods.

What will you be wearing

"( please say housecoat please say housecoat)

If you don't turn up in your housecoat then there is no point really

I've made it a condition for the use of my ticket.

Just got off the phone with the london. They're installing a velvet rope and ticketing system so you can all line up to make a variation of the same comment to me...

God I'm looking forward to this!

Jumped the lights at about 60 to push it off the tracks and flip the car over!

I look forward to that story in the E&S later.

Normal time for me. I was going to be a little later but I NEED to be nearer the front of the housecoat comment queue.

I am confident for this one.

Utd's midfield is Shite.
We can get about them, i would try and get Jota Against maguire, and Raul against lindelof that would cause all sorts of problems.
I feel our midfield 3 is better than there midfield.
I would only take Maguire, Rashford, and Lingard.
Maguire would get in over Bennett
Rashford, and Lingard would make the bench

We should feel confident but United are still a very good team. If Ole sticks to how they played v Chelsea, we will get room in the final third but I thought the movement of their front 3 in that game was good and they pretty good on the counter as well (helped that Chelsea gave up mind). If Pogba fancies turning up he will be a key figure.

Interesting to see Ole sets up as he got it wrong twice last season

Chelsea should have been out of site by half time.
Utd's 2 goals in a minute gave the scoreline a ridiculous look

Chelsea should have been out of site by half time.
Utd's 2 goals in a minute gave the scoreline a ridiculous look

But they weren't and Utd took advantage of that. I will be very surprised if Utd leave gaps like they did at home last week

We should feel confident but United are still a very good team. If Ole sticks to how they played v Chelsea, we will get room in the final third but I thought the movement of their front 3 in that game was good and they pretty good on the counter as well (helped that Chelsea gave up mind). If Pogba fancies turning up he will be a key figure.

Interesting to see Ole sets up as he got it wrong twice last season

The league game he got it abysmally wrong trying to match us pound for pound. Dalot and Shaw got murdered that night and while I expect us to get something out of tonight I doubt he’ll make such a monumental fuck up again.

I wouldn't take many of their first eleven in our formation tbh, but they're still a bloody good side if they're purring. They should've been out of sight after half an hour in the league game at Molineux last season and if they're on it good win 2-3 nil. I'd bite your arm off for a draw right now, as good as our record was against the big 6 last season

Fuck knows what you were watching last season Del.

Fuck knows what you were watching last season Del.

Seem to remember them battering us early doors, lingard and lukaku both missing really good chances? My memory's not what it was tbf. I've just put petrol in my diesel car which just about sums up stupid brain

They certainly didn’t batter us, it was our usual start to a game and they went on the front foot. They did have a couple of chances but ultimately we did what we do best and took control of the game and whupped them.

Seem to remember them battering us early doors, lingard and lukaku both missing really good chances? My memory's not what it was tbf. I've just put petrol in my diesel car which just about sums up stupid brain

They did come flying out of the traps and Lukaku and Lingard did miss easy headers (although one's a very good save from Rui) but we should have scored a couple more than just Jota's goal too (Donck misses a sitter from 10 yards).

We had complete control second half.

I think we'll win 2-1 as we have done the last 2 games.

Four years ago tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhRRcMZzKO0

Martinez

Iorfa
Stearman
Hause
Golbourne

Henry (van La Parra)
Coady
McDonald
Edwards

Dicko (Le Fondre)
Afobe

I remember that game we went 2 nil up within half an hour then Ken decided that was enough all confidence and poise immediately disappeared, we shit ourselves tried to hold on and looked totally at sea.

A note for anyone driving in from the Willenhall Road or Bilston Road way tonight - Keep an eye on the traffic situation as some dozy fook has managed to hit a tram this morning and that island (one by the Novotel) is partially closed. Hopefully cleared the tram away by this evening (car managed to ram it off the tracks)
The M6 sounds like one to give a miss as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back