• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man United Build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a very slow (but cheap) train up from Euston. There is a guy in a Man Utd away shirt who is whiter than snow, speaks like Stormzy crossed with Ali G and is giving it all "fackin yernited are fackin amazin, fam (you get me)".

This is going to be a long 2.5 hours.

There is a guy in a Man Utd away shirt who is whiter than snow

giphy.gif

Got Informer stuck in my head now...

Getting nervous now. I work with three Man Utd fans. One of them can claim to be a proper fan (he was born in Manchester, only moved down here from there about a month ago, and was actually on their books as a teenager) - the other two can piss off. One was born in Oxford and the other in bloody South Wales. They are going to be a nightmare tomorrow if we lose, but if we win, I'm going to wear my snazzy new black 'Fosun' away shirt underneath my work shirt tomorrow and have it on display when I walk in.

I don't care what anyone says, on paper our starting 11 is as good as any side in this division (outside of City & Liverpool). We can cause them issues and can definitely get right at them. The key for me will be to start quickly. Let them get a goal ahead so they can sit back and that won't suit our game at all. The first goal is absolutely vital & like Del said earlier, we were a little lucky not to go behind in our home game against them last season (one absolute sitter missed and one worldly save by Patricio keeping things level).

The lads I work with are all confident of a Utd win. I'm quietly confident we can do them over.

United fans very confident I’ve noticed. I suppose a four nil win to start the season will do that I suppose. Like you I am quietly confident, but still nervous!!

But they weren't and Utd took advantage of that. I will be very surprised if Utd leave gaps like they did at home last week

Can they stop leaving gaps like that?
Any midfield where Pogna is backed up by McTominay will not plug gaps.
Shaw is good going forward poor defensively, there defence is not that good.

The main Utd supporter I talk to at work is much more realistic. He reckons it's 50/50.

The main Utd supporter I talk to at work is much more realistic. He reckons it's 50/50.
He's probably right. It'll be a great result for them if they get 3 points tonight.

I think we're a better team than we were last year. Wolves 3-0 or 3-1

Oh, forgot to say, I had a dream last night that Cutrone came off the bench and scored his first Wolves goal and the winner. So that’d be nice!

While Maguire is worth nowhere near his transfer fee, I feel he will beef up their defence, which was a bomb scare last season....2-2

Oh, forgot to say, I had a dream last night that Cutrone came off the bench and scored his first Wolves goal and the winner. So that’d be nice!

Stick a quid on it, never know. I find it's worth it when you have these little thoughts. Or in your case dreams ha.

I was going to predict this earlier but thought if I put the thought out into the world I'd jinx it.

Team we all expected. Neto on the bench, no Vallejo

Subs are Ruddy Vinagre Saiss MGW Adama Neto and Cutrone

Hey jinky, you sound like me. If it happens I expect an acknowledgement on the cybertosis thread!

United's midfield two looks like it's there to be got at, don't expect a great deal of protection from the ones in front.

Come on Wolves, sat in a bar in penzance with the family and we are somewhat outnumbered by the 'local' United support

James worries me, don't want him isolated versus Bennett, but don't want it taking away from our attacking either with Doc having to track him

Sky Sports shocker... they spend fifteen mins talking about individual Man Utd players... then they interview OGS... then back to talking about Man Utd players for another 5 mins.

Presenter says - ‘how about Wolves?’ and they talk about Jimenez and Jota for approx. 30 seconds then Neville starts talking about United players again... [emoji51]

I guess we may as well not bother turning up. [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back