• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd (H) build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemonjelly

Housecoat, la
Reaction score
Are you lot also too focussed on next weekend? :icon_wink:

I was a little surprised at the lack of rotation saturday, Jiminez aside. Will we see any changes this time around? Bennett in for Saiss perhaps? Will Vinagre play? MGW to get a start?

I thought Traore did well saturday, and showed better passing and decision making too. Perhaps the first glimpses of the work Nuno and the team are doing with him. Cav was ineffective, and Jiminez showed how much we missed him.

If Nuno gave Ruddy minutes in the cardiff game as prep for the cup game, most of us would have expected him to do similar saturday. Will he surprise us with Ruddy tomorrow? I think he might y'know. I think we'll see:

ruddy
bennett coady boly
doherty neves dendonker vinagre
MGW
Jiminez Jota

When Man Utd at home isn't your biggest game of the week...

I think we will go full strength. No resting of anyone. Possibly the only change will be Benno back in.

I think that will be the team too mate. Could also see Boly and Jota being rested though. And maybe Rui for Ruddy, I thought Ruddy would get a game Saturday mind.

YW I was surprised at how few changes there were saturday, which makes me wonder if Nuno will make a couple more tomorrow.

When Man Utd at home isn't your biggest game of the week...

I think we will go full strength. No resting of anyone. Possibly the only change will be Benno back in.

There was me thinking you'd forgot!

We may be more confident in the fact that we have the extra couple of days where it might usually be a Wednesday-Saturday, this time it is Tuesday-Sunday. We've allowed Doherty and Raul a bit of a rest after playing on international duty, this time we may see Donck get a rest I suppose when I think about it.

Doc and Jimenez will come back in. Along with Bennett.

He might rotate one or two others. Possibly Saiss into midfield. Maybe Vinagre for Jonny.

I'd rest Moutinho, bring in MGW. Would also consider playing Vini and resting one of the CBs for Bennett.

Don't think Bennett will be an automatic starter going forward. We lost nothing playing Saiss, but gained offensively.

A little surprised that Ruddy wasn't given a runout on Sat to get him match fit (that was the more obvious game to do that in) - can't see him coming in against MU.

Doc has had a rest, would like to see Jonny given the same with Vinagre in. Bennett should play this, though whether it is him or Saiss back there for Sunday is Nuno's problem

If I start build up threads we lose #cyberintraining

Good boy!

You're learning. Never give a superstition a chance.

Is it really wrong but I could not give two hoots about this game?

Win and the hype goes up

Lose and we are doomed.

Flood the pitch and get it postponed!

Go and get a draw at best, avoid any injuries and play for Wembley.

I really fear that Sunday is shit oir bust.

Yeah similar to Cyber with my thinking. Starting to think we might begin a little dip in league form with players starting to keep an eye. Not sure I'd blame or care if we win at the weekend.

I don' think the Arse winning last night and quietly popping into third has helped. Gives man u even more need to win tonight and i really can't see all the players putting bodies on the line and risking a place on Sunday. i want the win but instinct says it's not to be.

I think United will win tonight as they are likely to want it more. Despite what Nuno will say the minds of the players and fans will be on the weekend at least subconsciously

I think United will win tonight as they are likely to want it more. Despite what Nuno will say the minds of the players and fans will be on the weekend at least subconsciously

I completely agree. Comfortable Utd win, for me. This will be the start of us losing our grip on 7th place, as well (Leicester are looking favourites for that, IMO).

I think we all know what Nuno’s favourite 11 is, so these players will know that, should they avoid injury tonight, they’ll be playing at Wembley on Sunday. I don’t care what anyone says - that will be in the back of their minds. Shame, because we have it within ourselves to beat them on our day (as we’ve already proven).

Bennett for Saiss and other than that, full strength. I suspect Moutinho will make way around the hour mark to give him a rest before the weekend, regardless of the score line.

Agreed - my bet tonight has gone on Utd winning at half and full time - wouldn't be surprised at a very routine 0-3.

I think some of you are doing our players a disservice, they are far more professional now than at any point in my lifetime and I don't think they would play within themselves against Man Utd.

This is a chance to stamp their authority over Utd twice and I think the players will be up for this, especially after the fairly poor performance against Burnley.

I don't think we'll get 7th, I think that'll be Leicester's now.

Think I may managed a last minute ticket for this now!

On an aside if Doc picks up his last booking tonight that does rule him out for the semi I presume

On an aside if Doc picks up his last booking tonight that does rule him out for the semi I presume

Nope. Bookings are competition specific. We had Benno on the bench v Man Utd but he was suspended from the league game before and after

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back