• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd vs Wolves Build Up and Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My own maths, so the odd one may be wrong.
Hours between kick offs
99 Fulham
96 Newcastle
79.5 Man U
75.5 Liverpool
75 Southampton
72.5 Arsenal
72 Sheffield United
70.75 Spurs
54 Leeds, Burnley
51.75 Brighton, West Ham
50.5 Villa
49.5 WBA
48.75 Wolves
48 Palace, Chelsea, Man C, Everton

Biggest delta between opponents rest
Man U over Wolves 30.75 hours
Fulham over Spurs 28.25 (but Spurs still have nearly 3 days between games)
Southampton over West Ham 23.25

It's not the rest which is the big disadvantage, it's the disparity between the 2 teams
This is my point it’s just really bad organisation, as young wolf said it’s the second time in 2 seasons we’ve been totally shafted. Last season was even more absurd. The Tv schedule of trying to have live PL football from the 26-30th everyday creates a jigsaw so certain teams will get shafted id be on the phone to the PL asking them to explain why we’ve had it 2 seasons running.

Last year was ridiculous, I can’t believe they’ve done it to us again. Well I can, more I’m pissed off they’ve done it to us again.

Reactions: b3h
It’s borderline scandalous not the fact we’ve got a 48 hour turnaround but the fact our opponent has been given more rest time, seriously damages the integrity of the fixture. Media and broadcasters will pass it off as blame your club for voting for the tv deals. But it’s just bollocks last night should have been played on Boxing Day night.
Players would have got home about 2230 last night and will probably be back on the coach late afternoon today. Just no rest physically or mentally.
Doubt we’ll be getting much outdoor training in today. After last night Ole will be focusing on getting an early goal.

Doubt we’ll be getting much outdoor training in today. After last night Ole will be focusing on getting an early goal.
Personally I wouldn’t travel until tomorrow morning let the players have day of rest with their families

Personally I wouldn’t travel until tomorrow morning let the players have day of rest with their families
They normally stay in a hotel the night before the match. I think the schedule is totally ridiculous, and for sure there will be injuries for every team because of it.
I'm hoping we can nick a point from this, but i'm not sure. It would be great to see some of the youngsters step up. Maybe Theo in the middle for a half. He looks really good in the u23's, but obviously that is a different deal from Manure on a snowy Tuesday night.

Presumably they are already away from their families, as there’d be an abundance of photos of them playing in the snow on Instagram otherwise.

Bailly is made of glass but he's miles better than Lindelof, I'd much rather have to deal with the Swede.

Personally, I'm not as worked up about the extra rest United will get. On a scale, I don't know if 3 days vs 2 days makes as big a difference as, say, 6 days vs 5 days. I think we'll be okay.

5/6 days wouldn't be too much difference.

The difference between 2/3 is much more marked, particularly in recovery.

I always find it strange that Basketball games are scheduled night after night but then they only really have to exert themselves for 15 minutes a day.

I wouldn`t have played Mouthino and Nevez together in the last match knowing this one was so close. Got to be strong case for Otasowie or Vithina to start.

I wouldn`t have played Mouthino and Nevez together in the last match knowing this one was so close. Got to be strong case for Otasowie or Vithina to start.
Almost like 3 new signings....

Rui
Semedo Coady Saiss Ait-Nouri
Neves Moutinho
Podence Vitinha Neto
Silva
Let's get at them and give them something to worry about. Adama is just a passenger currently, not contributing goals or assists and not contributing to our play in general.

Lets see what Vitinha can do and get Podence wide

I thought Adama had a good first half against Spurs but he faded badly second half. Wouldn’t be averse to Vitinha playing though, he’s definitely got something about him.

Rui
Neves Moutinho
Podence Vitinha Neto
Silva
Let's get at them and give them something to worry about. Adama is just a passenger currently, not contributing goals or assists and not contributing to our play in general.

Yeah, that's the one for me too. I really think that Vitinha will be the player to link midfield to the front three. He always seems to receive on the half turn and look to be progressive with the ball. I'd probably look to Owen over Joao, just for that extra bit of stability and mobility, but yeah I'd be happy with that

I thought Adama had a good first half against Spurs but he faded badly second half. Wouldn’t be averse to Vitinha playing though, he’s definitely got something about him.
I thought Traore was busy in the 2nd half, getting down the right wing and stretching their defence and occupying 2 or 3 defenders. His crosses were rarely productive esp. the airborne ones but IMO he didn't "fade badly".

I haven't seen Vitinha do anything but get involved with little triangles that lead to safe 2m passes. There has been nothing incisive nor defence splitting yet. He has hardly had enough time to get involved properly tbf so he may have something about him, but I haven't seen it yet. He's just rather anonymous and safe.

We have to start with 3 in M/F so I'd play Neves, Moutinho and Otasowie to get the ball off them and feed our three forwards, unless Boly's fit when I'd have 5 at the back and two up front. We can make changes as needed later in the match.

Rui
Neves Moutinho
Podence Vitinha Neto
Silva

I like that team, plus it gives option of Traore off the bench which is helpful in pushing opponents back.

Mix of Trips and Cyber for me!

Traore on the bench and Vitinha behind Silva.

Neves hasnt scored this year so is so overdue! Traore hasnt eithger. His last goal was in Manchester?

De gea hasnt thrown one in for a while either. This could be a bit of a roller coaster game. We could get something as its a free swing in my view. 2-2. I am looking forward to the matchday thread-passion , moans , swearing et al! Its the closest to matchday we can get at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back