• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd vs Wolves Build Up and Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably 5-3-2. Nothing else works without false 9s again.

.......................Rui

Hoever - Coady - Saiss - RAN

......... Otasawie - Neves

......Traore - Vitinha - Neto

..................... Silva
I was fairly close!

Might be more like Neto and Vintinha behind Adama?

Where has this "Kilman didn't look comfortable or wasn't playing great" opinion come from? He did nothing wrong IMO and looked very composed in a 3.

My team would be:

.......................Rui

Hoever - Coady - Saiss - RAN

......... Otasawie - Neves

......Traore - Vitinha - Neto

..................... Silva
I was fairly close!

Could be 352, could be 343. Depends where Nuno thinks we need to prioritise defending. I think will be 3 in the middle.

Might be the same plan as Liverpool away last year (was Neto and Jota up top that time)

Nice to see two lads getting their first start .
Look at the bench . . . .5 or 6 players that were not near the bench last year .

Would like to think it's going to be Vitinha playing in behind Traore/Neto but even still it's looking a bit of a bodged together team, might not be a lot of wiggle room in regards to fitness but even if that's the only 11 people I've got to pick a starting line up from I don't think that's the way I would've gone, would rather have a back four and push Saiss into midfield than have either him or Kilman playing on the right side of the three.

Seem to remember Ait-Nouri coming on as sub and playing left wing recently, against Burnley maybe? Could that be a rogue move that Nuno has gone for, back four with Saiss at left back and Ait-Nouri ahead of him as part of the three behind whichever of Neto/Traore would be pushed up top.

Is it more likely to take shape with Neto and Traore up front with Vitihna at 10?

Good to see Vitinha get a start, guess this team is rotation based.

Interested to see Hoever start too, although with Kilman behind him on the right it could be a challenge (if that formation is right)

Let's see how it goes!

Would like to think it's going to be Vitinha playing in behind Traore/Neto but even still it's looking a bit of a bodged together team, might not be a lot of wiggle room in regards to fitness but even if that's the only 11 people I've got to pick a starting line up from I don't think that's the way I would've gone, would rather have a back four and push Saiss into midfield than have either him or Kilman playing on the right side of the three.

Seem to remember Ait-Nouri coming on as sub and playing left wing recently, against Burnley maybe? Could that be a rogue move that Nuno has gone for, back four with Saiss at left back and Ait-Nouri ahead of him as part of the three behind whichever of Neto/Traore would be pushed up top.
Lot of good points here. Not fussed too much about whether it’s 4-2-3-1 / 5-3-2 away at Man Utd, we will be playing on the counter regardless.

Kilman on the right would be the big worry especially as he has an untried player ahead of him & would have included Otasowie somewhere in midfield as a fresh pair of legs.

It is what it is though

Lot of good points here. Not fussed too much about whether it’s 4-2-3-1 / 5-3-2 away at Man Utd, we will be playing on the counter regardless.
I think I'd have rather gone 532 if everyone was available, play the low block and look to weather United's generally persistent, if a little unsophisticated, storm of pace. However, without a proper option to play the right side of the three I would've gone straight back to a back four, Hoever was looking likely to be the only available option but if Semedo hasn't got another start in him so soon then he has to take that place instead and for me that should've meant him playing right back in a four.

Traore and Neto could cause plenty of problems on the break if they get the right sort of balls to chase into the channels but I feel it'll be a struggle to work anything through more sustained possession without a true focal point up there, biggest worry would be that right side of defence against Rashford if he's on his game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back