• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Matchday Thread: Wolves v Tigers, Sunday, 16 August 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

croxdenabbey

Reaction score
My first trip to Molineux since Christmas. Been on the road since 06.00 and really looking forward to the match. I think Hull City will be a difficult team to beat and I suspect this will be a close one. Maybe if we can get out of the 'starting blocks' from the word 'go', we can take the game to them. A win of a two-goal difference or more will see us at the top. Let's hope that's where we will be, by two o'clock this afternoon.

Same team as Blackburn for me. Maybe van La Parra/Ojo in for Henry.

I'm okay with that if true. Edwards, Coady & Golbourne will have to work hard down our left hand side vs Elmo & Odubajo but I'd back Dicko & Afobe to give their centre halves all sorts of problems and keep Hull on the back foot.

This'll be a big test for us and perhaps an indicator of where we can expect to be this season. Hull will be one of the best in the league, beating them today would be huge.

Looking forward to this one (even though I mistakenly thought it was yesterday!). I think we'll give them a good game and it'll be a draw; would like to see us go for the jugular at home. I'm most looking forward to seeing Coady play after reviews from his first two games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Think a good performance and a draw will be a decent result for us at this stage

We should be looking to win every home game we play. Especially against a newly relegated team. Just look at the start of last season when we beat all three of them.

We should be looking to win every home game we play. Especially against a newly relegated team. Just look at the start of last season when we beat all three of them.

Understandable, But at this time with Kenny Jackett looking to change the shape and system as long as we find some fluency and create chances I will be reasonably happy whatever todays result.

Hopefully we will start a little bit better than at Ewood Park. Take the game to Hull early on, and see how they cope with Afobe and Dicko.

Wolves 2 - 0 Tigers

As per my comments on the other thread I think the same formation and personnel would be a mistake. I think a 2 2 draw

TEAM | Martinez; Iorfa, Stearman (c), Hause, Golbourne; Henry, McDonald, Coady, Edwards; Afobe, Dicko.

SUBS | Ikeme, Ebanks-Landell, Doherty, Price, van La Parra, Ojo, Le Fondre.

Am hoping to find a good stream for this from where I am in Spain. Interesting to see Martínez in there.

2-1 to the good guys!

Martinez gets the nod then. Otherwise unchanged.

I just hope those who have developed Stockholm Syndrome and decided in the last seven days that Edwards sort of on the left is a good idea don't slate the manager afterwards if and when it doesn't work.

1-1 for me.

Martinez gets the nod then. Otherwise unchanged.
I'm surprised by that, I don't think Ikeme deserves to lose his place and has been consistently good for the last two seasons. That said if Martinez is better then so be it.

-------------------------Martinez

Iorfa--------Stearman--------Hause---------Golbourne

---------------------------
Coady---------------------------------

--------Henry---------------------------McDonald------------

---------------------------
Edwards-------------------------------

-----------------Afobe-----------------Dicko--------------------

We're on Sky so there should be plenty of streams knocking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back