• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (A) Part 2: build up

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
A chance to blood some more new faces, give fringe players a chance to impress and give some players returning from injury a run out.

Lonergan

Silvio Stearman Hause Doherty

Coady Price Saville

Wallace Dicko John​

SUBS: Ikeme, Batth, Iorfa, Saiss, Oniangue, Gladon, Mason

Not sure if Dicko has travelled so swap him for Gladon and pop Bod on the bench.

He has played 1 full game after a serious injury.

I thought Dicko would be fit by now.

He is fit in as much as he can play now. It's just up to the club whether it's better for him to play part of this game or all of the U23s game tomorrow night. I think they'll go for the latter, 90 minutes on the pitch and zero travel seems a more sensible option. Then hopefully he can be part of the matchday squad against Brentford and Wigan.

Lonergan

Silvio - Stears - Hause - Deslandes

Coady - Price - Saville

Wallace - Mason - Cavaleiro

Has Deslandes travelled?

Thank you DW. Hopefully he will be back in the fold very soon.

These things take longer than just being fully healed, look at Jay Rodriguez who's barely figured since he came back from his injury a couple of years ago. There's also no guarantee he'll be the same player he was but hopefully he gets there.

Lonergan

Coady
Stearman
Hause
Silvio

Price
Saville
Mason

Wallace
Gladon
John

Assuming we continue with the 4-3-3...

Lonergan

Silvio - Stearman - Batth/Hause - Hause/Deslandes (unsure if Deslandes made the trip)

Price - Coady - Wallace

John - Gladon - Cavaleiro

Personally, I'd like to see Bright or Ennis get a start up front, but I appreciate that it's unlikely.

Assuming we continue with the 4-3-3...

Lonergan

Silvio - Stearman - Batth/Hause - Hause/Deslandes (unsure if Deslandes made the trip)

Price - Coady - Wallace

John - Gladon - Cavaleiro

Personally, I'd like to see Bright or Ennis get a start up front, but I appreciate that it's unlikely.

I hope that we don't play a complete second team. If we win tonight, and get a home draw in the next round, Wembley is not out of the question. Not joking either. We are long overdue the thrill of a good Cup run.

I hope that we don't play a complete second team. If we win tonight, and get a home draw in the next round, Wembley is not out of the question. Not joking either. We are long overdue the thrill of a good Cup run.

That "complete second string" looks as good if not better than our "best XI" in the second half of last season!

Newcastle will be well aware Wolves plan a near full rotation of their squad for Tuesday night and may do much the same. I hope they do likewise.

Newcastle United FC @NUFC ·

TICKETS: Today is the final day fans can purchase #EFLCup tickets for just £10 (adults) and £3 (concessions).

Dicko, Bright, and Deslandes are involved in the U23s match tonight, so we won't be seeing them involved tomorrow. Ennis isn't, interestingly, so maybe he's going to be on the bench?

I think we're going to see a pretty strong team being put out against Newcastle. Gonna go with... five changes from Saturday.

I hope he leaves the back four as was from Saturday, the Iorfa, Baath partnership got some rave reviews on here, and i was delighted with various comments saying Dom was organising and shouting at the back. Saiss should play too, but how fit is he?, it could be a superb unit.

i can't see Newcastle fielding a weakened team - after losing on Saturday, the last thing they will want is another defeat at home.

I hope he leaves the back four as was from Saturday, the Iorfa, Baath partnership got some rave reviews on here, and i was delighted with various comments saying Dom was organising and shouting at the back. Saiss should play too, but how fit is he?, it could be a superb unit.

I hope they don't. It's a cup game where we don't need to risk these players. Let them play Saturday instead, the next 3 league fixtures are reasonably enough for us to get good points and a thorough test against Norwich to finish before the International break, why bother with a LC game.

I agree, we should give a chance to those that didn't play on Saturday.

We have three quick league games coming up Sat-Tues-Sat before another International break, so Walter needs to manage his squad.

I wasn't suggesting that we should risk our 'best' players in this game, but was commenting on it being suggested that both teams may put out weakened teams.

Back