• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle v Wolves (A) Part 1: Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess who's back, back again. Edwards is back tell you're friends. Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back nananannana..

Looking forward to seeing how Saiss does. Edwards in the middle and Doherty at right-back :icon_rolleyes:

I thought Saiss had a bad knee?

That right hand side defensively, Costa, Edwards, Doherty? Wow

Fucking Edwards.

Would rather have had Tex in for him and Cavaleiro out wide.

Really really really really hope Saiss has a good debut. Delighted - and a bit surprised - to see him in the team.

Edwards in the squad and Doherty at RB doesn't fill me with much confidence but I'd rather focus on the positives.

So another shedload of changes for Tuesday. Will Walt be anywhere near a settled team by then?

Cav and Mason excepted, that bench makes baby Jesus cry as well.

Saville CBJ + Edwards come into the squad with Stearman, price and Wallace going out. Is this Zenga being angry or is it just trying to keep everyone happy

Saville CBJ + Edwards come into the squad with Stearman, price and Wallace going out. Is this Zenga being angry or is it just trying to keep everyone happy

Neither. This is Zenga still not knowing what his best side is.

Bar Edwards being in and no Cavaleiro I don't mind that side too much. Going to be a very tough ask today, but you never know. Hopefully Saiss is the defensive midfielder we have been waiting for for what seems like eons.

I think Iorfa is in central defence because of Gayle's pace. It certainly wasn't because he looked good alongside Batth.

I think tex in a wide position is more effective than tex in a central position.

Pleased to see Saiss start, fingers crossed he is what we've been missing in midfield so far. As for Edwards, he's been poor this season but hopefully he can surprise us all have have a good game.

I'm also not keen on Iorfa at CB or Doherty at RB.

The Bear said:
We need to start getting our best team on the pitch and sticking with them
Well that's gone out of the window already. Edwards in to do what? Chase after players and not tackle them. Doherty on the right where he's not as good. Iorfa in the centre where he's not as good.

To be fair I didn't see the Barnsley game but "play your best players in the best positions and go out and win games." that was a Matt Le Tissier quote just on SSN. It applies to us as well!

We are basically Cav for Edwards, and Silvio for Doc away from our best line up there. Let's see what they can do.

Edwards though is a problem. I don't see him lasting the game.

Doherty is incredibly fortunate to stay in after Walter railed against the players for giving up on Tuesday, he was the main culprit for it.

Incomprehensible that we've gone through a big takeover, overhauled the squad and him and Edwards are still starting.

I'll stick with 3-0 Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back