• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Revisiting old albums

Hmmmmmm.

Only is an absolutely tremendous song. It's an album I don't mind but the Belladonna stuff is so much better. Spreading the Disease, Among the Living, State of Euphoria and Persistence of Time shit all over that album. From serious heights.

Your aversion that Bush is better live than Belladonna made me giggle.

Nothing's Shocking - Jane's Addiction.

Love his voice. Quite calming.

Just sorting out some tunes for the drive to the game today and am going to be revisiting Gold Against The Soul by the Manics. Their best album IMO as every single song is very listenable and there isn't a single dud on the entire album. Great vocals, catchy and heavy guitar work with some great riffs and solos.

I haven’t listened to Gold Against The Soul for ages. I love the singles off it but remember the other tracks as being a bit filler. Maybe I should give it a listen.

The Holy Bible is my favourite Manics album.

AC/DC - Back in Black.

Aside from being a criminal offence to not listen to this glorious album for years...
Although that said, revisiting this was a proper joy.
Born out of tragedy, for many this is probably AD/DCs pinnacle. Obvs everyone has a preference for Bon/Johnson era AC/DC, I find that I love both personally, but I still find it hard to conceptualise how after such a tragedy they gave us one of the best rock n roll albums ever.
Case in point, is there another rock n roll album that has such a strong side 2? I can't think of one tbh. Back in Black, You Shook Me All night long, Have a Drink On Me, Shake A Leg, Rock n Roll Ain't Noise Pollution, every one is a 5 out of 5.

AC/DC - Back in Black.

Aside from being a criminal offence to not listen to this glorious album for years...
Although that said, revisiting this was a proper joy.
Born out of tragedy, for many this is probably AD/DCs pinnacle. Obvs everyone has a preference for Bon/Johnson era AC/DC, I find that I love both personally, but I still find it hard to conceptualise how after such a tragedy they gave us one of the best rock n roll albums ever.
Case in point, is there another rock n roll album that has such a strong side 2? I can't think of one tbh. Back in Black, You Shook Me All night long, Have a Drink On Me, Shake A Leg, Rock n Roll Ain't Noise Pollution, every one is a 5 out of 5.
Have to agree, my fav album is the live 'If You Want Blood.' First one I bought after seeing them at Wolves Civic in 1978. But Back In Black is a close second. Found it interesting recently reading Johnsons book about how it was written. Angus and Malcolm came up the riffs and titles mainly and Johnson wrote the lyrics pretty much at the time they were recording it.

If You Want Blood... was the first album I fell in love with by AC/DC. I also had a phenomenally deep love for the Live Let There Be Rock video, which they released as a double cd in the Bonfire box.

Not here to yuck your yum, but there are so many AC/DC songs where I just wish the rhythm section would do something.

You're taking the piss now, good solid drums and bass, the best rhythm guitar player in the world, ever, no arguments accepted.
There are a lot of AC/DC songs where it's straight four-on-the-floor from the drums and quarter notes from the bass.

Not saying they're bad band, far from it. But there are quite a few of their big hits that feel a bit like missed opportunities to me. Back In Black is a tune but the chorus is a good example of what I mean. The rhythm section could have been allowed to do more, IMO. They got a lot of mileage out of that simplicity, to be fair to them.

I think Hetfield is in the rhythm guitarist conversation, fwiw.

Doing a bit if cleaning the weekend. Had a lazy Saturday
Kids found 2 albums I've been looking for for quite sometime in a kitchen drawer
The history of techno and DJ Funk Booty Anthems.

If You Want Blood... was the first album I fell in love with by AC/DC. I also had a phenomenally deep love for the Live Let There Be Rock video, which they released as a double cd in the Bonfire box.
Did you go to the old NEC with Mr Sherringham to see ACDC?

There are a lot of AC/DC songs where it's straight four-on-the-floor from the drums and quarter notes from the bass.

Not saying they're bad band, far from it. But there are quite a few of their big hits that feel a bit like missed opportunities to me. Back In Black is a tune but the chorus is a good example of what I mean. The rhythm section could have been allowed to do more, IMO. They got a lot of mileage out of that simplicity, to be fair to them.

I think Hetfield is in the rhythm guitarist conversation, fwiw.
Call8ng Hetfield a rhythm guitarist is a bit like referring to Scott Gorham a rhythm guitarist, neither are really, both take/share the lead on many songs.
If you're looking for nuanced musicality from AC/DC, I think you're listening to the wrong band.

Call8ng Hetfield a rhythm guitarist is a bit like referring to Scott Gorham a rhythm guitarist, neither are really, both take/share the lead on many songs.
If you're looking for nuanced musicality from AC/DC, I think you're listening to the wrong band.
That’s a fair point really 😂

They’ve still got bangers, for sure.

Going to be revisiting the back catalogue of Madness as I've booked for Cannock Chase in June..
The forest live events are really good. Saw elbow at cannock chase, & James at Delamere. Both really well run, well located, using the ground as a natural amphitheatre.
Been debating doing the madness show, as saw them several years ago & was blown away by how good a live band they are.

I did! 1991 I think it was. Razor's edge tour. Still the only time I have seen them.
Would never happen today of course
I don't remember who supported them.
It was either Heart or Kings X if I remember correctly

Back