• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Should Fosun sell?

Should Fosun sell up?

• Yes - Get out and never return

Votes: 25 92.6%
  • No - we forgive all of your mistakes and financial mismanagement

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Depends who they sell to? I'd rather have Fosun than Milan Mandaric or Dr Tony.

You can only sell what someone will buy.

There isn't a credible buyer or even close to one.
I saw a documentary where Radcliffe spunked 40k up the wall to buy the rusted shell of a Land Rover that was barely in one piece.

If he's given up on United, maybe Fosun could give him a nudge

You can't tell me nobody is interested in buying a Premier League football club

A Premier League club at what price.

Doubt they'd take less than £200m. With a ground you can't sell and with one side that badly needs sorting out, in an unfashionable area of the country with an obvious bigger rival 20 miles away, and a finite level of support.

Tempting.

Do we really need another Jeff Shi out thread?

A Premier League club at what price.

Doubt they'd take less than £200m. With a ground you can't sell and with one side that badly needs sorting out, in an unfashionable area of the country with an obvious bigger rival 20 miles away, and a finite level of support.

Tempting.
Chelsea were sold for £4.25 Billion. The asking price won't be an issue.

I'm not sure who to believe re whether Fosun want to sell us or not but if they don't it's because they know our value, not because nobody wants to buy us.

You can only sell what someone will buy.

There isn't a credible buyer or even close to one.
Of course there are, just because you don't know one doesn't mean they don't exist.

Selling for what Fosun want is a different argument.

If a buyer can be found who isn’t a complete disaster area then yes. But I rather doubt that will happen.

if we were to get relegated is it feasible that rather than sell Fosun run the club into the ground. Sell squad for as much as they can and take three years parachute payments out with no investment in the team. Surely that would give them more than their investment back and more than selling for £200m

Would rather depend on the terms of the original sale. Obviously they can’t sell the ground or even change its use.

Would rather depend on the terms of the original sale. Obviously they can’t sell the ground or even change its use.
Probably also depends on how much is owed on the players they sell. One thing for sure is that Fosun don’t seem to be acting very wisely to protect their investment from the perils of relegation which given their attitude to looming relegation in January is difficult to explain.

Rather loaded poll - I would like Jeff gone first, and see if that improves the running of our club.
Jeff may be an arrogant, lying prick but I would imagine most of the decisions are made above his head. I doubt a replacement would change much.

Back