• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Your point is you want to limit and control the terms of discussion to that which only suits your sensibility and perspective, I wish you and others would just be honest about it.

I'm not sure what you want him to say here. This forum (and literally every other forum I've ever been a part of, for any topic) will pull people up on BS when they see it. Lord knows I've had my name called for such things more than once.

Asking for people to have a clear head before posting is hardly outrageous by any measure.

I'm not sure what you want him to say here. This forum (and literally every other forum I've ever been a part of, for any topic) will pull people up on BS when they see it. Lord knows I've had my name called for such things more than once.

Asking for people to have a clear head before posting is hardly outrageous by any measure.

Hang on...it wasn't me (or Del) who brought all this up, or who have posted point scoring posts today.

I'm certainly not just going to be silent when I see those kind of posts and let them go unchallenged.

I'm calling him out on BS. We can all do it, see?

And why the assumption that any comment that isn't 'positive' isn't made with a clear head? Some canny wordplay on here today

Your point is you want to limit and control the terms of discussion to that which only suits your sensibility and perspective, I wish you and others would just be honest about it.
No it isn't. I'm not exactly a prolific poster on here these days; I've no desire (or ability) to control the terms of discussion.

I just found it odd when I saw people turning on Jeff and the club during the summer and I said why I thought it was, in my view, unfair.

No it isn't. I'm not exactly a prolific poster on here these days; I've no desire (or ability) to control the terms of discussion.

I just found it odd when I saw people turning on Jeff and the club during the summer and I said why I thought it was, in my view, unfair.

You literally laid out how you would limit and control the terms of discussion in the third paragraph of your 8.10pm post

No-one on here 'turned on Jeff and the club' during the summer. Maybe some 17 year olds did on Twitter, why don't you go and snark at some of them about it instead of tarring people on here with that brush?

Anyway, last post on this topic from me, otherwise numerous Thread Police will be along to tell me to watch my tone and that I should just let people walk all over me to keep the peace :icon_rolleyes:

I don’t think anyone was seriously “turning on Jeff”. Bit of frustration here & there - which is fine (within reason). It was & still is absolutely fine to question whether Jeff is best placed covering multiple roles within the club; that’s down to a matter of opinion.

No one was hanging around outside Molineux to chase him out of Wolverhampton forever. “Turning on him” is a bit strong :icon_lol:

Hang on...it wasn't me (or Del) who brought all this up, or who have posted point scoring posts today.

I'm certainly not just going to be silent when I see those kind of posts and let them go unchallenged.

I'm calling him out on BS. We can all do it, see?

And why the assumption that any comment that isn't 'positive' isn't made with a clear head? Some canny wordplay on here today

When you start accusing people of trying to control the discourse through bullying it goes beyond pulling them up. It seems you aren't happy to disagree, you have to find some ulterior motive for why people would disagree with you.

People aren't having a go at you just for the Hell of it.

Anyway, last post on this topic from me, otherwise numerous Thread Police will be along to tell me to watch my tone and that I should just let people walk all over me to keep the peace :icon_rolleyes:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's not enough to just say your piece, you also have to pretend to be victimized in some way and act as if the leadership of the forum is out to get you.

Post your opinion, disagree all you like, but going after other posters like you do and then acting the martyr is not on, and it won't make people take you more seriously.

When you start accusing people of trying to control the discourse through bullying it goes beyond pulling them up. It seems you aren't happy to disagree, you have to find some ulterior motive for why people would disagree with you.

People aren't having a go at you just for the Hell of it.

Just when I thought I was out...

No mention of bullying, but certainly shaming (and misrepresentation) of those with opinions that don't fall within a pretty narrow demarcation.

I'm happy to disagree, I'm not happy with the inference that divergent opinions are 'BS' or 'not made with a clear head', or 'hysterical'.

Christ, if one person is glad that Doc went and one person is sad we're not talking deep moral questions relating to the eternal human soul! It's just different opinions about football, can people get off their high horse about it

No one was hanging around outside Molineux to chase him out of Wolverhampton forever. “Turning on him” is a bit strong :icon_lol:

Local lockdown innit...

On Jeff's multi roles, it seems he has surrounded himself with enough people to ensure he is not over doing it. This was the first window with that new structure and if his starting point is a 7/10 he has done alreet.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's not enough to just say your piece, you also have to pretend to be victimized in some way and act as if the leadership of the forum is out to get you

Well seconds later you come on and are still Thread Policing me 10 minutes later, so I guess just because you're paranoid...:icon_smile:

Just when I thought I was out...

No mention of bullying, but certainly shaming (and misrepresentation) of those with opinions that don't fall within a pretty narrow demarcation.

I'm happy to disagree, I'm not happy with the inference that divergent opinions are 'BS' or 'not made with a clear head', or 'hysterical'.

Christ, if one person is glad that Doc went and one person is sad we're not talking deep moral questions relating to the eternal human soul! It's just different opinions about football, can people get off their high horse about it

You're missing the forest for the trees here.

There's not much else I can say if you don't see my point already. But if you carry on as you are I can guarantee that the responses to you won't change a great deal, that's all.

Well seconds later you come on and are still Thread Policing me 10 minutes later, so I guess just because you're paranoid...:icon_smile:

I'm trying to help you out, mate. We've all seen that you're capable of good posts. I'd rather you enjoy your time on the forum more than you seem to be.

Post your opinion, disagree all you like, but going after other posters like you do and then acting the martyr is not on, and it won't make people take you more seriously.

Can I just point out a flaw in your logic...I have posted my opinions, I have disagreed, I've been doing it all summer (and agreeing too), and as I've already stated, it's other posters who have been 'going after' people, I'm just reacting.

And please don't start gaslighting me with the 'martyr' angle. Sticking up for yourself is perfectly OK. I'm very happy to do that. You're just dismissing my concerns and perspective because you don't have to deal with them

We've all seen that you're capable of good posts.

I'm sure you mean well, but this is the second time in the past few weeks you've been toe-curlingly patronising in this way to me, and I ignored the first time. I'm not intellectually disabled, mate, honestly, and neither is anyone else on here who moans a bit. We're real people, just like you! :eek:

Mate, if you don't think I've dealt with my fair share of stick on here, you're sorely mistaken.

Carry on as you like, then, since even compliments are apparently insulting to you.

"We've all seen that you're capable of good posts."

Take it at face value, please. It sounds like a compliment.

It is very patronising, who's to say the deliverer of such 'compliments' is in any position to judge the quality of another posters content?

This place does take itself far too seriously at times. People come out with bollocks at times, whether that be through illogical thought or just overly emotional hyperbole, who cares it's the internet the place is littered with shit. Most of it could just be brushed under the carpet but too often people can't or won't let it lie and then you quickly get caught in these bizarre snowballing situations. Things quickly spiral out of control over the most minor of things and you get allies, or at least those with common enemies, piling on and before you know it threads or even whole subforums can get bogged down for hours if not days.

By all means converse on differing opinions, challenge the logic that lead to the conclusions but telling people what they can think or how and when they can post it becomes very tiresome. We're all fucking nobodies talking shit at the end of the day, for the most part it's better to live and let live, although obviously exceptions are completely justified in jumping into random shit flinging contests just for the crack when someone has obviously lost it.

Fair point, I suppose, but at the end of the day we're also inherently judging each other's posts. Goes without saying that the "goodness" of a post as I see it is only its goodness in my opinion.

I'd just as soon have the skepticism and/or negativity presented in a levelheaded manner. Which we have seen Prawn do intermittently. As with anyone, he's free to ignore my opinion. Doesn't matter much to me at this point, I've said my piece.

Back