• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sunderland (A) Build-up and match thread

Dire Wolf

Reaction score
I have been told by a few people in my local here in the north east that a very large contingent (we're talking several hundreds or more) of Newcastle fans are planning on buying up tickets for our game at Stadium of Light on the last day of the season. Their aim is to celebrate Sunderland going down obviously, but I'm guessing that it could have an impact on the atmosphere in and around the ground if it does happen. I was initially asked if I could get tickets in with the Wolves fans for some of them and told them not a chance, there won't be enough for Wolves fans even. I'm assuming a lot of Wolves fans will end up in the home fans section and if there are a load of Newcastle fans there to make trouble it could get ugly. Just a heads up in case it happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fucking sad bastards. Even our moron brigade wouldn't do that at the Hawthorns. It's pathetic

Fucking sad bastards. Even our moron brigade wouldn't do that at the Hawthorns. It's pathetic

That's Newcastle fans for you. They have this rep in the media of being great fans, in my experience they're a bunch of pathetic fuckwits...

I’m guessing having to have buying history with Sunderland would put pay to that.

Still waiting to see our ticket details released for season ticket holders.

I'd love to go to this one but don't think I have the cash, sadly. I'd never be able to get hold of a ticket in the Wolves end but my Dad's a Sunderland ST holder so he could easily get me one in the home end.

I've heard about this. It really is daft, I can see it being funny for those engaging in "Bantar" but not many if at all going through with it.

I'd find it amazing if Newcastle fans ended up with 3 year banning orders for attending a Sunderland game. Horse punching fuckwits.

Sunderland announce there will be no pay on the day and any tickets sold in the home end will only go to fans with a ticket history

Sunderland announce there will be no pay on the day and any tickets sold in the home end will only go to fans with a ticket history

Sad Geordie fuckers ruining it for the rest of the us. Was hoping to get one in the home end!

You would think for such a big club as they claim to be they would not be so obsessed with a League One team.

No chance Newcastle will have 'hundreds' in the home end, simply won't happen.

Most Wolves fans there will be too hungover from a day/night in Newcastle to even care anyway!

No chance Newcastle will have 'hundreds' in the home end, simply won't happen.

Most Wolves fans there will be too hungover from a day/night in Newcastle to even care anyway!

I think you're right. Doesn't stop the idiots planning to do it though. And if they can't get In, what do they do? Could be an even worse scenario.

There won't be many Newcastle fans travelling to Sunderland for a midday kick off if they haven't got a ticket, it isn't the nicest of places.

1986 West Ham relegated Albion joyous Wolves fans in the Brummie Rd

I was at that game (thought not as a gloating Wolves fan) and im sure the Albion fans didnt notice anyway.
The ICF was in the brummie road and they all started kicking seven bells out of each other.

Still waiting to see our ticket details released for season ticket holders.

"Tickets for Wolves’ season finale at Sunderland on Sunday 6th May go on sale to season ticket holders this weekend.
The allocation of 2,589 away supporters at the Stadium of Light has been on sale to away season ticket holders since last weekend.

Due to the expected high demand, supporters with a large amount of loyalty points will be given priority over the course of the weekend.

The sales process has been structured so all supporters with 1120 loyalty points or more will have the opportunity to secure a ticket before Sunday.

STHs with 1120 loyalty points: Saturday 14th April, 9am
STHs with 1100 loyalty points: Sunday 15th April, 9am
STHs with 1080 loyalty points: Monday 16th April, 10am
STHs with 1060 loyalty points: Tuesday 17th April, 10am"

Got tickets this morning, guy said we're not getting any more tickets.

Sunderland should increase our allocation. It sucks for them and they probably don't want to host someone else's party but they could take in the cash

They will be close to selling out today. Only 500 left as of last night

Back