• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Techy Stuff Help!

I configured them from my mac!!

but then again there were several w10 machines connected within the network.... fucking windows.

So, I had to change the Wifi-Channel of the tablets and laptops etc because he home phones were interfering. I haven't used the home Wifi printer for months and now it my laptop won't connect (haven't tried the tablets). Could changing Wifi channel be the issue?

I've tried to use Win 10 troubleshooter but it says that I need to turn the printer on (it's already on) and that the printer is offline.

Any ideas?

I had that issue when we get Fibre installed. I had to set up the printer on the new wifi network all over again. Pain in the hole.

Ahhhhh crud. OK, Cheers, I'll get round to it sometime before Xmas.

I know this has been asked a million times but why are my picture attachments always tiny, if you then click on them they go to full size, it seems like Im posting shortcuts ??

I know this has been asked a million times but why are my picture attachments always tiny, if you then click on them they go to full size, it seems like Im posting shortcuts ??
You need to untick the box when you upload it.

I can't remember as I use Tapatalk, but you choose some option then untick a box.

Edit - It's only when you pick the "From URL" tab in the upload box.

Hello!

Right, keep in mind that I know cock-all about mobile phones.

Just had my first smart phone through and apparently I need a nano SIM card. Where would I find a pay as you go SIM card? Do I need to get them online or would certain shops stock them. It's a dual-sim setup with the one for work already in there, so I just need one for personal calls that I can top up whenever.

Cheers.

Get cheapest of the cheap SIM only deals. My phone is dual sim so I use data off my work sim and use bugger all on the personal sim apart from occasional old school text or call.

Is 3GB data enough in a bundle if I'll just be fucking about on the socials?

(the £10 option).

Get cheapest of the cheap SIM only deals. My phone is dual sim so I use data off my work sim and use bugger all on the personal sim apart from occasional old school text or call.

Because of security, al my personal calls need to come off a personal number. Now, my first thought there was that if they were that serious about security, they'd insist on a separate device.

Because of security, al my personal calls need to come off a personal number. Now, my first thought there was that if they were that serious about security, they'd insist on a separate device.

Just calls, though - not data. A phone can only use one or the other sim for data. May as well be theirs as you won’t pay for it.

My personal sim has 500gb p/m as that was the lowest I can find. Never use a bit of it.

Hello!

Right, keep in mind that I know cock-all about mobile phones.

Just had my first smart phone through and apparently I need a nano SIM card. Where would I find a pay as you go SIM card? Do I need to get them online or would certain shops stock them. It's a dual-sim setup with the one for work already in there, so I just need one for personal calls that I can top up whenever.

Cheers.

Giffgaff (which I have been using for some time) is worth looking at - no contract & various packages depending what you want. Basically I pay for the month & cancel renewal whenever I want at no cost.

Who's using data anyway at the moment, no-one is going anywhere. Even in normal non-lockdown life it's so rare I'm using it, everywhere has WiFi. And if I'm with people I'm hardly hammering away at my phone constantly.

3GB is fine. Even WhatsApp calls don't use very much.

Back