• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Car Thread

EV6 is a great car but I think Kia have realised they had their pricing messed up.
Dropped a decent amount recently.

We are really enjoying our Sportage. I’m sure you will love it.
Very pleased so far, lots of driver aids and having a Qashqai previously I like the driver position in an SUV it always seems safer to me being that bit higher.
Never been a fan of classic cars, the more technology the better for me.

Very pleased so far, lots of driver aids and having a Qashqai previously I like the driver position in an SUV it always seems safer to me being that bit higher.
Never been a fan of classic cars, the more technology the better for me.
We also had a Qashqai previously which we really liked as well. We are thinking about trying a Volvo XC40 next time. Anybody had any experience with one?

We also had a Qashqai previously which we really liked as well. We are thinking about trying a Volvo XC40 next time. Anybody had any experience with one?

When I was looking to replace a motor just before lockdown I was able to hire one on favourable terms for a couple of months.

I had the T3 R-Design. Have to say it was an absolutely fantastic car. Most impressive thing was the ride and handling which isn’t always the best in that type of vehicle.

A couple of observations on that specific model, the R-Design spec is particularly nice and worth stretching to if you can. The T3 engine is (I think) about 163bhp. That’s pretty economical with adequate power, but you notice the lack of torque overtaking uphill. If you enjoy getting a move on and like a bit of poke then the T4 would be worth looking at. (This was 2019, there are of course a whole load of hybrid and full EV options available now).

In the end I/we decided we just weren’t ready for SUV life and went for a 4 series Beamer instead, but that’s nothing to do with the XC40 itself. Probably new models giving it a run for its money now but when it first came out it was streets ahead of its competition.

ID3 is just being replaced rather than binned Quote "There's not enough room for two similar vehicles on this platform"

Did your magazine tell you it will happen in 2028? The ID brand will be gone by 2030. Fact.
Probably see VW dropping the iD name and replacing them with classic names - Polo, Golf, Passat etc.
The GOLF is going to get tarted up and 'relaunched'
And apologies for bringing BMW into it. The same article appeared on my Google feed this morning and it's Toyota who are dropping EV engine production.

They were changing their EV strategy. Although they were not making as many as others anyway due to how they work and shortage of parts meant they couldn't replicate that with EV's

They are still making EV's and have cars due out. Toyota have also been working on new battery tech and also hydrogen.
The main guy there recently said he doesn't think EV's will dominate the car market as much as people think

Had the home charger installed yesterday with no issues, great service, just hope the BYD Atto 3 comes on time, mid March, so I can test it.

Assuming there’s no significant rot could be a rare opportunity that.

Noticeable round here there’s a boom in those ‘survivor’ cars, ones that are a bit beaten up but used as daily runarounds, MOT tax and Ulez exempt. Zero depreciation, so effectively motoring for buttons.

The Rallye versions of those 1000’s are where the big money is so that one is probably ideally suited to a simple recommission and off you go as a daily. ‘How many left’ suggests just 6 in the U.K.

Was more popular in France and Central Europe but even so, at 500 notes got to be worth more in spares if nothing else.

Definitely an opportunity for the right person in the right circumstances.

This covers the click bait nonsense getting pushed by the oil companies on people quite well:

The overall message is the correct one, but it's full of inaccuracies. It's clear that the writer doesn't properly understand the subject and therefore could easily be accused of simply putting the contrary point of view on behalf of the EV supporters.

Need to get mine submitted.

Pretty sure Mercedes fucked me over with Blackhorse

Dead easy with the tool above. I had 3 🫤

Anyone who knows hardware won't be shocked by this, but Cybertrucks are already showing rust in snowy climes here.

Only $6000 from Tesla for the privilege of having it wrapped in something protective. :rolleyes:

Back