• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The CHRISTMAS Thread

Every time a food thread pops up on here, I read through it just to remind myself that 90% of British meals sound like absolute gibberish to me.

That's OK then - US meals sound gibberish to us

2 nations separated by a common language

Every time a food thread pops up on here, I read through it just to remind myself that 90% of British meals sound like absolute gibberish to me.

Wow from a country that has grits ( that's a grade of aggregate here ) cookies (biscuits) chips (crisps) and your cheese is pressurised in spray cans, I travel to Florida at least once a year, I can track you down like a dog !!!

Not really love you mate :)

Wow from a country that has grits ( that's a grade of aggregate here ) cookies (biscuits) chips (crisps) and your cheese is pressurised in spray cans

I'll add maple syrup on the same plate as bacon, brown sugar in baked beans, Cool Whip, shit chocolate, and Egg Nog.

In sweden christmas sandwiches usually are malt bread with butter, christmas ham and a nice mustard on that

I tried cheddar cheese grits in America last month. It was honestly one of the worst things I've ever eaten, it looked like wallpaper paste and tasted like how I imagine wallpaper paste tastes. Just awful.

I tried cheddar cheese grits in America last month. It was honestly one of the worst things I've ever eaten, it looked like wallpaper paste and tasted like how I imagine wallpaper paste tastes. Just awful.

You are going to have to try wallpaper paste now just to check that description :icon_smile:

You are going to have to try wallpaper paste now just to check that description :icon_smile:

There you go:

713kqI9684L._SY355_.jpg

Cheese grits are an abomination.

Good old buttered grits are all you need. With some bacon to dip in it, if you're feeling extravagant.

How dare you!

Makes no odds, you horrible lot like to cover it all in cheap melted cheese nyway!

Slightly OT, last few Christmas' I've had real stuffing courtesy of the mother in law, and it puts the boxed stuff to shame. I now love stuffing.

I can report the Pret Christmas baguette has not arrived in Birmingham pret yet :(

I did enjoy a toasted salt beef and pickle baguette though.

@b3h - dead easy to make stuffing yourself too..

Back