• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
There haven't been many links to a striker yet, so as it stands our hopes seem to be pinned on Sasa coming good. That hopefully will change ASAP.
As it stands we have 3 first team strikers on our books and we've been told that we're operating a sell to buy policy. If/when we sell Raúl and/or Fábio then the links will start appearing I'm sure.

Giles to Boro is all done, he’s having a medical this morning and it’s just on us getting a replacement (cresswell) to push the big Red okay button.

Getting a replacement in for a lad who hasn't played in the Premier League for us and who has been out on loan for the last two seasons is ridiculous. If we get cash in for Giles we should be looking at strengthening the squad in other areas and not supplementing the other 3 left back options.

Appreciate the information though. (y)

So if we sell Giles I have us at about £86m?

Say Scott for £20m, Elvedi for £8m and Cresswell for £3m.

The main areas I think we will then be light on quality are a wide attacker and a striker. Which I guess if we get money for Podence, Fabio, maybe Hwang then we'll probably use that to try and find players in those positions. And still make plenty of profit.

That's the optimist in me anyway...

So if we sell Giles I have us at about £86m?

Say Scott for £20m, Elvedi for £8m and Cresswell for £3m.

The main areas I think we will then be light on quality are a wide attacker and a striker. Which I guess if we get money for Podence, Fabio, maybe Hwang then we'll probably use that to try and find players in those positions. And still make plenty of profit.

That's the optimist in me anyway...
Swap Sa out for around break even too

Don't think we'd get anything like value for Neto. I'd take pretty much any bid for Hwang but I doubt there's any actual interest.

I can't see Chiquinho going, at the moment he offers a point of difference that no-one else does, even if it's just replicating Adama's largely bench role (at miles less cost) from last season.

How much value does Neto even have left?

Just my personal opinion, I think Chiquinho may be loaned out for regular game time until January, and wouldn’t be surprised to see one of Hwang or Neto to move on too.
That would leave Sarabia and Podence for the wide slots.

Which would be ridiculous.

Well it's hardly inconceivable that he might get back to what he was, he's not an obvious permanently busted flush as it seems Jonny and Raul are. If he is that level then he's a £30m+ player. We'd do well to get half of that right now as he's done not much for two years.

I know stats are what they are and people have their views on that, but suffice to say Pedro's numbers for the ~900 minutes he played last season are not good.

Who is offering 10m for this return?

1689947470296.png

I know stats are what they are and people have their views on that, but suffice to say Pedro's numbers for the ~900 minutes he played last season are not good.
If you're buying Neto on last season's stats you're a fucking moron.

So if someone rocked up with a £10m bid would you accept it?

I would not.
The club probably envisioned selling him in this transfer window when they turned away Arsenal's interest last summer but for about 5 or 6 times what we'd get for him right now.

In terms of making a profit on him now, the best bet is to hope he has a good season and hope there is more interest in him next year.

Answer the question man :D
I mean it's clear my honest answer will only enflame the situation further! 😂

Frankly, yes, at this stage I think you take an 8 figure offer for Pedro. Luckily for y'all, I'm not the one calling the shots. ;)

That would leave Sarabia and Podence for the wide slots.

Which would be ridiculous.
Podence is going. I did say one of Neto or Hwang. Plus we’re after another wide player who can come inside and create/score. Scott is also being lined up to play a similar role from a bit deeper that RAN has been used in.
JL has been coaching a narrow 442/433 very fluid formation with the full backs a lot higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back