• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Mental Health thread

Christmas alone and utterly broke isn’t really great for the mental state. I fucking hate this time of year now.

Not completely alone and not technically broke but I hate Xmas as well now. The last two have killed it completely for me and trying to make it decent for the girls this year for the first time on my own was a massive mental strain. Yesterday I finally realised I was stressing over nothing.

Told my mother I'm going to get examined for ASD and her response wasn't "Oh, no, you couldn't be autistic!" which I think is kind of an answer unto itself. 😅

Happy New year everyone. Can't be underestimated what good this thread and forum does for people's mental health. We're all stronger in a community and all that jazz 👍

Happy New year everyone. Can't be underestimated what good this thread and forum does for people's mental health. We're all stronger in a community and all that jazz 👍
I’d like to endorse that, 100%.

It can be difficult to find a place to share thoughts and emotions even if you know you need to. This MH thread within the Wolves forum has been extremely helpful. I read for years before feeling able to contribute and can testify the openness of those posting on here has been incredibly helpful. The common love of Wolves gives the sense of community we all need at times, but the relative anonymity of an online forum gives an outlet for those that perhaps wouldn’t be able to talk elsewhere too. It’s very brave of those that have already spoken, but each person doing so provides another important layer of security for those seeking the courage to do the same. In doing so you give reassurance that you are not alone and a helpful reference point for those seeking to make sense of their own struggles.

Wishing everybody a happy and healthy 2022. All the very best guys.

For the first time in a long time I find myself spiralling downwards into a very negative mental state. My relationship is pretty much on the rocks, I'm finding very little enjoyment in most things in my life and for the first time I feel like I need to acknowledge that I am probably depressed. The only thing I have to cling on to at the moment is the successful launch of the game I co-created. The problem with that is I co-created it with someone I'm really struggling to get along with right now. I'm at the lowest point I've felt in a very long time.

It's time for me to go as well. I am so sorry but I just can't do it any more.

Don’t let it win, Dan. You’ve got it in you, everyone here sees it. The world would be worse off without you, mate.

You've got to be stubborn and tough these days out as best you can. If not for yourself then for Rach.

I've said this before, buy you're way too hard on yourself. You are a nice bloke, give yourself a break. Nothings ever worth ending it, I know it's not as easy as that, and it's something I can't understand but mate, you've got a lot of positives going on.

For the first time in a long time I find myself spiralling downwards into a very negative mental state. My relationship is pretty much on the rocks, I'm finding very little enjoyment in most things in my life and for the first time I feel like I need to acknowledge that I am probably depressed. The only thing I have to cling on to at the moment is the successful launch of the game I co-created. The problem with that is I co-created it with someone I'm really struggling to get along with right now. I'm at the lowest point I've felt in a very long time.

I've had periods where I guess I can reflect and say I've been depressed, it also coincided or contributed to pressures on my relationship with my wife. I don't talk about bugger all and not communicating certainly added to the problem.

It took things to get really bad before they started getting better, and realising that we were both going through depression probably helped in the end. I really hope things start looking up soon, sorry if that sounds a little trite, but it was certainly true for me.

I've had periods where I guess I can reflect and say I've been depressed, it also coincided or contributed to pressures on my relationship with my wife. I don't talk about bugger all and not communicating certainly added to the problem.

It took things to get really bad before they started getting better, and realising that we were both going through depression probably helped in the end. I really hope things start looking up soon, sorry if that sounds a little trite, but it was certainly true for me.
Not trite at all, appreciate your words. Right now everything is a real struggle.

I'm feeling at my lowest ebb ever today. Really don't feel like facing the world. Gonna run to give my head a shake.

My turn to be at low point.

Not actually going to do anything... Don't have access to much I could really do harm to myself with and I can't leave my cat to fend for himself.

But god damn. "Worth being alive" feels like the furthest thing in the world from describing me at the moment.

Keep going Alan it will turn around..have Covid affected all of you who have written here more badly or is it about the same?

For me personally it's a chemical imbalance thing... Always been there, always will be.

COVID sure as shit ain't helped, though.

Back