• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

They also didn’t bother informing cousins until they were already on the clock so I bet he feels great about that.

Mind you $100m guaranteed probably cheered him up a bit.

Penix is a project player IMV; they reached by picking him there regardless of Cousins. It’s all very silly.

Draft one for the future while leaving the current bloke fuck all to work with. Sounds like Jeff Shi did their draft.

They obviously have some concerns that he isn't going to be 100% recovered from the ACL injury. Probably best not to give him a guaranteed $100 million if that's the case though.

The Bills having nothing at wide receiver and then allowing the Chiefs to trade up and take one (when that's what they also desperately need) was a bad decision for them and the league in general.
The Bills aren't after a small, light receiver, they're after a receiver who has good hands, good route running and can play against physical outside CBs. Worthy is none of those things. He's 10 stone dripping wet (exaggeration, but not much of one). He is one of those players that will either be great or a bust. With Andy Reid, possibly the former, but he just isn't the kind of player the Bills are looking for.

Just came on to post that. He has all the athletic traits of Hill and they let him go there for a 3rd and change. Presumably they think he'll be a bust, those fast guys are often over drafted, but Reid selected Jackson and Hill so he knows what he's doing when it comes to that type of player.

In terms of Penix they are paying him reasonable back up QB money so if it was just a short term concern over Cousins there are more cost effective routes to take. They must have a bigger plan, whether that's injury related or think they'll be able to trade Penix relatively soon. He's also not a younger prospect and QBs drafted that high don't normally sit for all their first season, so they've created a QB controversy straight away.
He has SOME of the athletic traits of Hill in terms of speed, but Hill, despite being small, has always been strong and tough. Worthy is not.

He has SOME of the athletic traits of Hill in terms of speed, but Hill, despite being small, has always been strong and tough. Worthy is not.
Yeah, I didn't expect the Bills to take Worthy, the WRs they were linked with are still on the board at 33, so from that perspective it makes sense. Just surprised by who they traded with given I'm sure their intelligence knew who they were going to pick and it being such an obvious need for the team that's got their number in the play offs.

There's some Twitter noise, probably bs, that they are trying to get something done for Higgins or Aiyuk

I think the Bills could take McConkey at pick 33, but I wouldn't be surprised if they traded back again. The draft is quite deep, and I think they feel they can get 4 or 5 good starters (which they need) in rounds 2-5. Beane has struck gold on a LOT of 3rd-5th round picks: Milano, Shakir, Bernard, Benford, Knox... once Brian Thomas was taken I think they were all about collecting picks to add strength in depth. I'm just surprised they didn't try to trade up to get him, they only needed to move up 5 spots.

The Bills take WR Keon Coleman at 33.

Chargers trade up to 34 and take McConkey.

Looks like the commanders have been busy trading around rounds 2 and 3 of the draft to get plenty of bodies in. A lot depends on how that 2 pick QB does I guess

Sainristil and Newton sound like great second round picks

Last edited:
The Bills take WR Keon Coleman at 33.

Chargers trade up to 34 and take McConkey.
Coleman catches everything. He's not all that fast, though. Considering Gabe Davis only had a 54% catch rate, I'll take a slightly slower receiver who can actually catch the ball.

Back