• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

The NFL's 2 best teams and 2 best QBs serve up another classic. Mahomes and Allen 1a and 1b and the gap to the 3rd best QB is pretty substantial.

IScreenshot_20221017-102908_Samsung Internet.jpg
I still think the Bills might look to move on from him as he can't seem to perform in the big game situations, don't you Alan? 😂

Not on twitter, so just copy and paste for this reaction to the Texans firing Jack Easterby:

John P. Lopez

@LopezOnSports
·
Follow
Normally, you never wish a lost job on anyone. But Jack Easterby was a pox on the entire organization. He infiltrated it and ruined it from the top. Like a parasite. And now he is gone. It is a great day for Texans fans.

Not on twitter, so just copy and paste for this reaction to the Texans firing Jack Easterby:

John P. Lopez
@LopezOnSports
·
Follow
Normally, you never wish a lost job on anyone. But Jack Easterby was a pox on the entire organization. He infiltrated it and ruined it from the top. Like a parasite. And now he is gone. It is a great day for Texans fans.
Happy for you

My uncle (also named Alan, as it turns out) is probably launching fireworks in his backyard at the Easterby news.

Wentz out for 4 weeks including the return to Philly. I think that's him done as a starting QB. They'll be play off long shots by the time he's fit so not worth playing and protect the 2nd round pick. Nobody else is giving him a chance. I don't think he has the personality to be a back up so wouldn't surprise me if he retires in the Summer

I was half right about the Wentz/Foles situation, at least.

Without either there wouldn't have been a SB. Foles has always been streaky he wouldnt have got the 1 seed over a season. Wentz hasn't been the same player since his ACL that season, his personality meant he refused to be coached into adapting to that and continues to be in denial that he isn't that player any more

Last edited:
I really thought that in the right situation Foles would get the consistency right. Either by way of continuing to make poor choices in that regard (why on Earth would you willingly choose to go to Jacksonville?) or because I was just wrong and he doesn't have that consistency in him full stop, he never flourished post-MVP like I thought he could/would.

Turns out, I'm not a good scout for American football, either. 😉

Watching Redzone and all I can say is that there seems to be some really, really bad teams this year. So many teams just can't get out of their own way. Including teams that were supposed to be pretty good.

That end to the Packers game was highly entertaining. I do love a good lateral fest, but losing to the Commanders is pretty embarrassing.

Last edited:
Back