• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The one we have all been waiting for - Chesterfield away (Checkatrade Trophy)

Miller scored at Stoke, Cort scored at Plymouth (and then missed at Burnley), Cooper scored against Derby at home but wasn't on the pitch when Newton missed a couple of weeks later (I think). So 8 out of 11 maybe:

Ganea vs Villa (H) MISS
Cameron vs Man City (A) MISS
Camara vs Middlesbrough (H) MISS
Miller vs Stoke (A) SCORED
Miller vs Leeds (H) MISS
Miller vs Wigan (H) MISS
Cort vs Plymouth (A) SCORED
Cort vs Burnley (A) MISS
Andrews vs Burnley (A) MISS
Cooper vs Derby (H) SCORED
Newton vs Forest (A) MISS

Sounded a decent performance given that we were down to 10 for some considerable time

Dicko should be on the bench for the next league game I reckon. Unless they want him to get a full 90 in first.

I meant a full 90mins in the reserves. Obviously.

We've got West Ham U23s on the 9th. Might play 90 in that with Gladon on the bench vs Burton (Mason might have been dropped too, so there's two strikers on the bench), then we'll see where we are for the Barnsley game.

You fucking idiot EEL.

Wasn't as bad as tackle as I thought it would be. Just a badly timed challenge. Deserved the card but certainly a bit of game rustiness in that challenge.

Defending on that first goal is horrendous too, really can't seem to defend set pieces so far this season.

Defending on that first goal is horrendous too, really can't seem to defend set pieces so far this season.

Seen a lot of the U23 team this season have you? Didn't know they'd been struggling at set pieces.

Seen a lot of the U23 team this season have you? Didn't know they'd been struggling at set pieces.

I meant the club as a whole.

Wasn't the idea to have all age groups approaching the game in the same fashion to ease progression into the first team? Seems like they're all slacking off on the set piece work, terrible marking.

Thought the tackle was abysmal tbh. Just needed to stay on his feet and clear the ball. Instead went in half arsed and ended it up being late with 2 feet over the ball. Ticking all the boxes for a bad challenge.

Thought the tackle was abysmal tbh. Just needed to stay on his feet and clear the ball. Instead went in half arsed and ended it up being late with 2 feet over the ball. Ticking all the boxes for a bad challenge.

Thought it looked a lot worse in real time than in slow motion. He's pulled out about half way after going to ground and ends up taking out the Chesterfield player with his knees. His feet are nowhere near, well, anything.

At least a yellow card and you really can't fault the official for giving the red.

Wasn't as bad as tackle as I thought it would be. Just a badly timed challenge. Deserved the card but certainly a bit of game rustiness in that challenge.

Summed up what I wanted to say more succinctly.

But the bit that annoys me is he didn't need to go to ground. Just poor defending

Back