• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The one we have all been waiting for - Chesterfield away (Checkatrade Trophy)

YoungWolf

World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Yo
Reaction score
Who says the international break is boring, we have a big game on Tuesday! The first game in the new format of the (tinpot alert) Checkatrade Trophy begins and we are at Chesterfield. We have to field at least 6 under 21 players, but it may actually be a good opportunity for new players or players returning from injury.

Possible team:

Burgoyne

Simpson Ebanks-Landell Johnson Leak

Ronan Prince Herc Costa

Ennis/Dicko Enobakhare​

Subs: Ruddy, Odoffin, Doherty, McKenna, Randall, Dicko/Ennis, Gladon

Really hard to tell if we might just go with the same u23 squad that beat West Brom or if Dicko, Prince, Costa may have an opportunity to gain some much needed match-fitness.

Deslandes and Borthwick-Jackson are away now I think, as are Hause and Iorfa. Wonder if perhaps Silvio might be involved if he is back?

Tim II thinks Ola John might play. Sellars didn't seem sure after the Albion game whether EEL would be able to play this one, he got 45 mins on Friday but that's his first game for nearly six months.

Ronan and Ennis have both being called up as well, although I don't know when they go away. The irony being that the players that would particularly benefit from playing adult football are those who aren't available

Ronan and Ennis have both being called up as well, although I don't know when they go away. The irony being that the players that would particularly benefit from playing adult football are those who aren't available

Think this was one of the reasons for the PL teams pulling out. It'd be worthless to them as the bulk of their U23 players who need gametime go away and play for age group teams when the fixtures are scheduled.

Oh yes of course! Dicko will definitely play which is a positive

Any Yellow or Red cards picked up in this tournament will not count in the League or any other FA/FL tournament.

Just pick every player that hasnt been involved

Dicko and EEL the only first team squad members named in a 22

No one's going to justify signing Nathan Byrne on the basis of whether they can or can't play him in this competition. There's just no value in us playing him as he's about eighth choice now.

Just made the decision to drive down for this..Me, the missus and Alfie, can buy tickets on arrival.
What's the squad?

14086208_10154158792414597_6298902041474056824_o.jpg

I'd save your petrol money if I were you.

They will get murdered I imagine. Is it Knockout still as well?

Right so at least they will get a few games

It'll certainly be interesting to see how they do - I don't really know the youth team that well apart from a couple of names there (and Dicko of course) so it'll be fun to follow

Other than Johnson, that back four has no chance of being up to standard, ever. We'll do well to get away with a two goal defeat.

Minutes for Dicko are the only consideration here.

Back