• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Squad 2016/17

Didn't quite expect us to have a squad that looked like this when I started the thread!

I was busy spluttering into my cup of tea when I saw Kevin Nolan's name, it's a good job I'd finished it by the time I'd got to Luke Moore as I'd probably have choked to death.

Great shout on Tony Hibbert too with his 12 league appearances since August 2012.

Caceres maybe. The rest are aids for the eyes. Though I don't know much about Poyet and never saw him play at West Ham.

I'd have Sessegnon, much to no one's surprise.

Is Felipe Santana really that bad? I knew he'd not lived up to his hype but I didn't think he'd really been bad.

If you like Titus Bramble style clangers for Roger Johnson style money then he's your man.

Updated to incorporate Ronan/Bright and injuries.

Some quality depth for options in the three that we play behind the main striker now.

Costa
Mason
Cavaleiro
Weimann
Ronan
Enobakhare
Gibbs-White
Marshall

I can't see MGW getting much of a look in now other than maybe getting on the bench.

Lambo's long term vision?

Ikeme/New GK

Marshall - New CH/Iorfa - Hause - Doherty/New LB

Edwards - Price/Saiss/Evans/New CM

Costa - Ronan/Enobakhare - Cavaleiro/Graham/Weimann

Dicko/Bodvarsson/Zyro/New ST

I think he'll definitely have us with full backs pushed right on, he'll want a bit more creativity from deep I think (I still hope Saiss gets a go at it), we definitely need a proper defender at LB.

Last edited:
Lambo's long term vision?

Ikeme/New GK

Marshall - New CH/Iorfa - Hause - Doherty/New LB

Edwards - Price/Saiss/Evans/New CM

Costa - Ronan - Cavaleiro/Graham/Weimann

Dicko/Bodvarsson/Zyro/New ST

I think he'll definitely have us with full backs pushed right on, he'll want a bit more creativity from deep I think (I still hope Saiss gets a go at it), we definitely need a proper defender at LB.

No Bright in there? I'd think we're maybe looking to add 3-4 top signings in the summer, but I can see players like Joe Mason heading for the exit door

Back