• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Squad 2016/17

I think in a few years time a CB partnership of Iorfa and Hause will be very strong for now they need an experienced defender IE Stears or Williamson showing them the ropes. I don't mind loaded full backs if the team can cope with Price and Saiss as the deeper 2 I think it's more than feasble. Price is forever dropping in to cover Doherty as he strolls back "well done Matt" but if that's how we are setting up to play then fair enough. The front 4 could be incredibly exciting especially if we do play that way. If it's good enough for Spurs and Arsenal.....

I think that no 10 spot is made for Ronan for the next few years with him potentially dropping back a little as he develops.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Be surprised if he sees Edwards as a long term ption in that role. He's been brilliant this season, playing well recently, but injury history & his age mean it'd be a risk.
I suspect that Lambert is very happy with him for ow, meaning he's time to assess Price, Saiss, Evans and Saville for those 2 spots in front of the defence.
I also think that Edwards is currently bringing a lot to the team/squad from an experienced pro POV, in his talking, organisation, leadership etc. Such factors are key, and Edwards has always displayed this. I remember Iorfa's debut, and at the HT whistle he was straight over to Iorfa encouraging him about how his debut was going etc. This stuff is very important, and probably has helped he recent upturn across the past 6 weeks.

No Bright in there? I'd think we're maybe looking to add 3-4 top signings in the summer, but I can see players like Joe Mason heading for the exit door

Ah yeah, meant to put Bright bracketed with Ronan.

We should get back most of what we paid for Mason, best to let him go unless something strange happens in the next three months. Weimann can play in all the positions that he can but better.

Back