• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Deserved recognition, really hope we get another season of him.

RAN attracting interest from Liverpool, apparently.

Given our business model is now to buy low, sell high & re-invest in the team, I suppose we'll have to get used to the constant rumours being attached to our players being sold.

This comment might be laughed at, but I think we'd struggle to replace RAN more than Neto. Skillful, quick, direct wingers we can sign elsewhere - but replacing RAN would be really difficult. Especially with how much freedom he is playing with. Gomes I hope will stay for at least another season or two, but when he goes, we'll make some profit on him. Less sure about the fee we might get for Pedro now, given his injury issues. I think I read somewhere that over the last 4 years, he's missed a full season's worth of football on the injury table.

Last edited:
I think, if/when Neto comes back for the final 5 or 6 games of the season and performs his injury issues will be largely forgotten.

I know its necessary but all our young exciting players being touted as available is fucking depressing. Just have to enjoy them while they're here I suppose.

@Elephant Pyjamas I don't, not from a buying clubs perspective. I can't see how it doesn't affect his price. 2 proper hamstring injuries and 2 more precautions where he's felt something on top of 2 other serious injuries, the last of which took him more than 18 months to properly recover from. That'd be a massive concern for me if I was looking to pay £60m, I'd want it heavily linked to appearances

Last edited:
I think, if/when Neto comes back for the final 5 or 6 games of the season and performs his injury issues will be largely forgotten.
Any recruitment manager who “forgets” Neto’s injury record needs sacking on the spot.

Forget is not a good word.

But we all know how fickle things are in football, and when clubs are desperate they will take a gamble too.

But if in the last 6 games he gets 2 goals and 3 assists the injury issue will fade.

However as I've said a few times I'm not sure which clubs would want Neto anyway, he's an excellent counter attacking winger. But against a low block I'm not sure how effective he'd be.

RAN, Cunha and Gomes would be much more attractive propositions in my opinion, regardless of Neto's fitness.

But I hope we keep them all for as long as possible.

Forget is not a good word.

But we all know how fickle things are in football, and when clubs are desperate they will take a gamble too.

But if in the last 6 games he gets 2 goals and 3 assists the injury issue will fade.
£60m+ is rarified air, not sure anyone shopping there is desperate.

A Neto with more managed minutes is less likely to get injured imvho.

We got 55mill for Nunes, which was ridiculous.
They weren't desperate though, they lost Paqueta and chose to pivot and recovered most of the money by selling Palmer who wanted out. It was indeed ridiculous and something of a Pep ego thing

Just clubs naturally recognizing that he’s good, no?

The positive is that these players are good enough to have such articles written. No one is writing anything about Joe Hodge

Back