• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The things that I really, really like thread...

I love not shaving over the Xmas period as I know it annoys my Mom and Aunties.

Traore's leg muscles, how they fill his shorts :nod:

Very occasionally I work on site with a Canadian guy whose sister is vice president (of something) for Ralph Lauren. Anyway, last time I saw him I jokingly asked for some freebies, if Ralph could make anything to fit me. Got on site yesterday and was presented with 2 jumpers and 12 pairs of boxers. Nice score!

Bought the lad a Chinese takeaway and a couple of beers last night, as I'm no pikey.

Pretty much exactly that.

On top of what I scavved for myself, the base I was at received too many beds for their guard dogs and it's more of a hassle to send them back to wherever, so I scored my dog a new memory foam basket and a giant cushion for him to sleep on.

Oh, and I helped myself to a case of Rubicon drinks.

They stole my weekend free time first.

I'm doing Friday to Monday away in a couple of weeks, so I'll have to hire a van for all my sticky-fingered looting booty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-51582696
Initially this story felt upsetting. But reading on reminds me that on the whole, people are generally good decent beings. It can get quite easy what with brexit, trump etc to see much of life in a negative way. I regularly try to remember that deep down, the vast majority of human beings are good, pleasant, supportive people.

I've been around 15 stone for 2/3 years and would like to to hit 13 stone. Any tips and hints. Don't want to diet and I have an illness which means I can't exercise much.

Cheers

Well I never thought I'd be saying this, but I have drastically reduced my alcohol intake!
Rarely drink out, but usually at home, usually a pint of stout whilst cooking dinner, then a couple of craft beers in the evening. Occasionally my darling wife will come home after a frought day and suggest we both have a recuperative whisky...
Weekends very similar 3 pints a day plus 1 or 2 whiskies.
But now!!
Down to around 3 or 4 pints a week, substituted by....
Flavoured tonic water (or Spring water) + a dash of Cranberry Juice (or other fruit juice) + a squirt of half a tangerine or satsuma, or orange.
Really, really refreshing, tasty, bit of zing in it, and very cheap. A pint of that works out around 30cents/25pence.
Weighed myself at the end of each week and I'm pounds down. This without going on any extra exercise at all.
Wolves on tv? then don't be silly about it, go and get a beer!
Positive effect on my blood sugar levels too.

Actifryer chips. Bloody lovely and healthier.

Been tempted to buy one for a while, so you recommend then ?

Been tempted to buy one for a while, so you recommend then ?

I do, so much healthier. Chips are great done in there, also Stir Fries. Considering the small amount of oil that you put in, the food is just as tasty.

Tempted too, not sure the wife would be happy though after we just bought the instant pot which is massive.

My mum just found this, hope it still fits.
cd98a8f8fc9e01ffc87ffe057bd1b2b3.jpg

How old is she?

Answering old questions as there's feck all else going on & it's been raining for 3 days down here!

About 12 though no one really knows exactly as she came from a rescue centre & they were guessing what age she was then - cats don't come with a birth certificate & can't tell you :icon_smile:

Ancestry.co.uk

My other half had been looking on there because it's free this weekend, ended up drawn in and looking at my family. Just lost a few hours exploring the in laws of a family member I didn't even realise had ever married, sadly found very little so far along my bloodline.

Ancestry.co.uk

My other half had been looking on there because it's free this weekend, ended up drawn in and looking at my family. Just lost a few hours exploring the in laws of a family member I didn't even realise had ever married, sadly found very little so far along my bloodline.

How easy is it to find details Mark? My mum doesn’t really know much about her family and has always been keen to track down her grandparents.

Back