• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Where was that? Only red squirrels I've ever seen were in Scotland and Northumberland.......oh and in Norway

I was going to say the very same thing, I've only seen them in Scotland and up North, I think near the lake district.

I was going to say the very same thing, I've only seen them in Scotland and up North, I think near the lake district.

Think the only place there are any number further South is on Brownsea Island, just off the coast of Poole.
Where we saw them in Northumberland there signs up asking you to report Grey Squirrels so that the local wildlife group could come and murder the little bastards

Used to see them holidaying as a kid in the Thetford area of Norfolk, but apparently they're not even there anymore.

On the Gateshead/Northumberland border near a place called Wylam.
Wylam = good beer.
2ffa6dc30c40db3789122df4366724a0.jpg

Could've easily been in the annoy thread this one, and maybe still ends up there in a few weeks time, but had an email at work today saying the company are moving away from their current restrictive company car policy.

Was sent a prospective car list in June to choose from and have spent most of that time chasing various people down in an attempt to haggle an extra onto my preferred option. The actual garage staff don't have the authority to approve anything, none of my immediate directors are willing to pursue to cause on my behalf and so I've even up trying arrange a meeting with our group finance director to get a definitive answer. Somewhat unsurprisingly it appears she has more important things to do with her time, quite why she decided to take sole responsibility for all things company car related is beyond me.

Now though they're ditched the model of buying cars outright, which limited choice to a few specific models that stacked up financially, and switched to the more common lease scheme. So should be a massively increased scope for me to choose from come November when it all comes in to play, just a little trepidation around where they set the budgets and whether you get more choice but lose the odd highlight they used to be able to negotiate with a friendly dealer.

Did some sums today and all being well we can pay the mortgage off in may next year!!

Just after I turn 40 (that's scaring me a little!)

Did some sums today and all being well we can pay the mortgage off in may next year!!

Just after I turn 40 (that's scaring me a little!)

I bet you think you'll have loads of spare money don't you ? You'll be shocked :)

Think the only place there are any number further South is on Brownsea Island, just off the coast of Poole.
Where we saw them in Northumberland there signs up asking you to report Grey Squirrels so that the local wildlife group could come and murder the little bastards

I was planning a retirement project to annihilate the bastards in my garden

I was planning a retirement project to annihilate the bastards in my garden

They are vermin. They've got into the cricket club I'm involved with on several occasions and run amok with the wiring etc.

I often find myself begrudgingly impressed by the grey squirrel that frequents our garden, inventive little bastard who always seems to find some way of getting his share of the food we put out for the birds, always exits with a flourish too jumping over the roof of next doors outbuilding from their cherry tree.

I often find myself begrudgingly impressed by the grey squirrel that frequents our garden, inventive little bastard who always seems to find some way of getting his share of the food we put out for the birds, always exits with a flourish too jumping over the roof of next doors outbuilding from their cherry tree.

Only animal to so far escape my cat. Even led him up a tree and then escaped while he was stuck up there haha.

Back