• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Small one, but just went for a walk in the sun and bought a coop meal deal. Felt just a tiny little bit like normal.

Got confirmation approval of my re-financing arrangements today which means I can spend some money whilst I'm still fit enough to enjoy it rather than it just sitting locked up in the house (which I still own most of anyway).

It will help the economy as well so Rishi will be happy.

Got confirmation approval of my re-financing arrangements today which means I can spend some money whilst I'm still fit enough to enjoy it rather than it just sitting locked up in the house (which I still own most of anyway).

It will help the economy as well so Rishi will be happy.

Is it too early to send you my Xmas list?

The main bedroom finished...
3ffc12f0d909bef34d59c5e28b278474.jpg
23ccd0508df5893e7b82f5195c191299.jpg
5f5069ede053d08284e6c9d027c4ceac.jpg

Well I've gone and done it, handed my notice in today. After a lot of soul searching and discussions with the missus. Taking early retirement. Excited but feels a bit weird.....already got people pestering me with projects.

Phil, you really are getting good at this DIY lark. Great work again mate

Well I've gone and done it, handed my notice in today. After a lot of soul searching and discussions with the missus. Taking early retirement. Excited but feels a bit weird.....already got people pestering me with projects.

All the best with the early retirement. Don't accept too many of the projects, give yourself time to adjust

All the best with the early retirement. Don't accept too many of the projects, give yourself time to adjust

Yeah, initially I will be chilling out a bit, I'm finishing end of November so won't do a lot till after Christmas, then I've got a list of things to do for my self which I'll complete at a fairly sedate pace

Nice one. Enjoy. You won't regret it.

Nice one. Enjoy. You won't regret it.

Cheers, tbf I've had lots of advice from other early retirees, most of my mates reckon they don't know how they managed to fit going to work in. A few others think I'll be bored......personally I think I'll manage fine

Cheers, tbf I've had lots of advice from other early retirees, most of my mates reckon they don't know how they managed to fit going to work in. A few others think I'll be bored......personally I think I'll manage fine
I remember when my Dad took early retirement, telling me how he didn't know how he'd found the time to go work!

Had the good fortune to have a red squirrel run across the path in front of us while we were out running this morning. Stopped to watch it in the trees for a short while, what an absolute joy it was. I think it might be only the 2nd time I've ever seen a red squirrel... and I'm not young.

Had the good fortune to have a red squirrel run across the path in front of us while we were out running this morning. Stopped to watch it in the trees for a short while, what an absolute joy it was. I think it might be only the 2nd time I've ever seen a red squirrel... and I'm not young.
Plenty on Jersey. Ironically they were introduced to the island in 1885 where they have thrived.

I've also finally agreed a retirement date and like you finish at the end of November. Added bonus is that I get a redundancy package as well. I'm telling everybody it's not early retirement, as I was never planning to work past the age I am now. I've also got a couple of projects lined up. The only flaw in the plan is that I was always planning to get a season ticket when I retired - no chance of that at the moment

Double post

I've also finally agreed a retirement date and like you finish at the end of November. Added bonus is that I get a redundancy package as well. I'm telling everybody it's not early retirement, as I was never planning to work past the age I am now. I've also got a couple of projects lined up. The only flaw in the plan is that I was always planning to get a season ticket when I retired - no chance of that at the moment
Nice one. Enjoy.

thats great mate, I put myself forward for redundancy (we made 6 people redundant) in August but boss told me they weren't taking volunteers, seemed daft to me but I think there were specific people they wanted rid of

Where was that? Only red squirrels I've ever seen were in Scotland and Northumberland.......oh and in Norway

Back