• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

See if he will cook you dinner afterwards.

He was amazing on celebrity masterchef. Won his series at a canter.

I didn't like Blackadder I either but Blackadder II was the best and I too can recite most of Lord Flashheart's cameo which was one of the great comedy performances ever. In one scene Mayall's false moustache almost comes off and he just grins towards the camera! Head was another fine episode where Blackadder decides to execute all of the prisoners on Monday morning so that he can take the rest of the week off!

I love all the Blackadders, but the first series was definitely the weakest. It had some good episodes but the writing was still finding its feet and the main character wasn't as funny. Basically they flipped Blackadder + Baldrick in S2, as Baldrick was often the clever one in S1.

I love all the Blackadders, but the first series was definitely the weakest. It had some good episodes but the writing was still finding its feet and the main character wasn't as funny. Basically they flipped Blackadder + Baldrick in S2, as Baldrick was often the clever one in S1.
The key to it was Ben Elton joining the writers from Season 2

Last edited:
Also been an age since I watched it but the smart Baldrick (along with Percy) were the reason everyone died. (sorry, spoiler alert!)

So the smart one does the stupid act and then that leads into future Baldricks being, well Baldrick

there's merit to all the blackadder series imo. My personal fave is blackadder goes forth.
Mrs jelly is working at MAC in bham, and it is their 60th anniversary. They have a load of events on, including a MAC in 60 objects, and Tony Robinson directed some stuff at MAC prior to blackadder. Apparently he looks very young in the images they have put up.

there's merit to all the blackadder series imo. My personal fave is blackadder goes forth.
Mrs jelly is working at MAC in bham, and it is their 60th anniversary. They have a load of events on, including a MAC in 60 objects, and Tony Robinson directed some stuff at MAC prior to blackadder. Apparently he looks very young in the images they have put up.
The Forth is my favourite too, and not just for Flashheart's cameo.

Bought a little tool for shaving wood on Amazon. It arrived in a neat little hinged plastic box, Worked brilliantly but a little too coarse, so went and bought a 'fine' version. Just perfect,
Sat here reading the box and where it was made....
Made in America!
Think that's the first time I've bought anything that's made in America!
Googled it and it's made in a tiny township up near the great lakes actually there's next to nothing there except this factory at the end of a lane!
Marvellous!

So my Air Cadet Squadron have taken part in two "Sector" drill competitions on Wednesday and Thursday nights, (there are 6 Squadrons in the Sector) for the right to represent the Sector at the Wing competition on Sunday at Church Fenton.

They won both the Banner Drill comp AND the normal Drill Competition and off we go to CF on Sunday for the Wing finals. Really proud of the effort they have put in and how well they've done

So my Air Cadet Squadron have taken part in two "Sector" drill competitions on Wednesday and Thursday nights, (there are 6 Squadrons in the Sector) for the right to represent the Sector at the Wing competition on Sunday at Church Fenton.

They won both the Banner Drill comp AND the normal Drill Competition and off we go to CF on Sunday for the Wing finals. Really proud of the effort they have put in and how well they've done
Nothing like a good wing drill competition!

part of this is bittersweet, as the bowls season has come to an end, and at this time of year I realise how I'll miss it in winter, and how bowling, and the people involved benefit my own wellbeing.
Anyway, this time last year we (as a club) were in a certain amount of disarray. We didn't want to play at our then "home", and someone had bought it and evidently wanted us gone, and told us so 12 months ago. We'd moved there as an easy fix to being kicked off our previous "home".
We've been nomads for some years after our original home was closed by the owners, and then our second home was allocated to be built on.
We needed some roots, and some new bowlers.
To an extent, being kicked off energised us into finding a new home. It's much better than (to be fair) most of our other locations in recent years, and we should be settled there. It's much closer for most of the team, but a fair bit further for me to travel.
However, the point for me was wanting to move with a load of supportive people, rather than join a new club.

To be fair, we've only just been able to get through the season in many ways, and on a saturday (where I captain the team) we had more than one scare of a saturday morning as to whether we had enough players!
However, we had our last game saturday, needing to win the match and to have 7+ definite winners to top our league, and we just about managed it!
Combined with winning one other midweek league, and coming 2nd in the oter midweek league, not a bad first season in a new home!

Having proper superfast broadband installed today as Market Drayton finally welcomes 2015 into the town.

Hoping hot and cold water is next and the locals stop pointing at the Sun
Having proper superfast broadband installed today as Market Drayton finally welcomes 2015 into the town.

Hoping hot and cold water is next and the locals stop pointing at the Sun

Can't have everything in a town, they've only just got over inventing gingerbread.

The Squadron came 2nd overall in both the Foot Drill and Banner Drill competitions on Sunday by 7 and 9 points respectively, over 30 points clear of third place in both competitions while our Cadet Warrant Officer (my lad Alfie) won the Best Drill IC.
A great effort for a Squad thrown together at short notice

Delighted to see things moving ahead in Winchester Crown Court this afternoon.
That American woman (who it turns out was also an employee of the American Security Service) is going to 'attend' and present her case for driving on the wrong side of the road and killing that young kid on his motorbike outside the American base 3 years ago.
Bit ground breaking as she is still refusing to show her face as she'll get arrested but is 'attending' via a video link.
Fucked off back to America, she must have been in a right state for 3 weeks.... "What shall I do? I might have killed him! Left him at the side of the road in a crumpled heap, our car is all bashed up too! Oh what shall I do??"
"Say nothing and fuck off back home under diplomatic cover ASAP..."

Back