• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

So, more Cadet stuff...

Following an application and interview process I have been appointed as the new Wing Shooting Officer for Central & East Yorkshire Wing, which is a Wing Staff post with a promotion too!

I've put in a lot of time and effort with shooting across the Wing so it's nice to have that recognised and be trusted with the lead role for the whole area.

I start in the post from this Friday but it means that I will have to step away from my Squadron, which makes the appointment a bit bitter/sweet. I have been told that once I settle into the role, I can be added back onto the Squadron staff strength as a supernumerary member of Staff so I'm looking forward to that, already.

Our MD sent an email out saying we all need to try harder to be more diverse :)

Quite liked it actually, though it did ignore that we are already at around 40% female.

My youngest was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in his late twenties, he’s just received an omnipod (artificial pancreas) on the NHS which he’ll be fitting via a video call in a couple of weeks.
I have had mine since 2020, Tandem rather than Omnipod though. It’s a game changer.

I've just been told I've passed the interview to make my FTC permanent.
Given that it's public sector and we've really had the squeeze on the last couple of months I really wasn't expecting that to happen. Relieved...

Had a call off stratsone, car in the UK and will be ready for collection on Monday as promised when I ordered it in December. Great service and 1st time I've ever had a new car ready on provisional date.

So Alfie is going through the process of his RAF application and has got to the aptitude test stage. He's applied for direct entry SNCO as a weapons systems operator (or something)

Went down to RAF Cranwell this week for his CBAT (computer based aptitude tests) which all officer and SNCO applicants have to pass and the tests cover all jobs.

The target scores were 90 with some "red line, must achieve" scores built in, and 110 to be a pilot. He scored 127 in the pilot test and 130's with a high of 147 in the others so breezed through! They even asked him why his hasn't applied for Officer entry but that was stuffed because his A Levels weren't a high enough grade.

However, really proud of him, I guess the hours on end he spends on his computer playing games has paid off 😂

Last edited:
Do you have the power to get their franchise taken away or recommend it’s taken away?
Are you confirming to the regulator the avanti are indeed shit

I have no idea! Made a complaint ages ago and I’ve been selected for audit based on how they handled the complaint..

Last edited:
"Local man refuses to get off phone with regulators until rail company is shut down, more at 11"

Back